It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

In the Confrence.

In all seriousness I’d be surprised if anyone capable of reaching the play offs in the Championship wasn’t a very very competitive MLS club. I’d say the top 4 or 5 and the Premier League 20 would walk it.

And it’s not all technique or skill or even tactics, although they are likely sharper given the quality of manager attracted to England these days. It’s the fitness. They’d all run the legs off the MLS teams, the pace of the game would be too high for them.

In all seriousness I’d be surprised if anyone capable of reaching the play offs in the Championship wasn’t a very very competitive MLS club. I’d say the top 4 or 5 and the Premier League 20 would walk it.

And it’s not all technique or skill or even tactics, although they are likely sharper given the quality of manager attracted to England these days. It’s the fitness. They’d all run the legs off the MLS teams, the pace of the game would be too high for them.
I think a great fielded MLS all stars could draw a premier league match

I think a great fielded MLS all stars could draw a premier league match

Potentially. But in the cup league two sides have upsets against teams in the premier league. They couldn’t, in my view be competitive in any meaningful way.

The best players in the MLS have left Europe for a reason, and rhe PL is the fastest most physical league. The local players aren’t up to that level yet.

Last edited:
Most of the time PL teams wipe the floor with MLS players…. However….

I’d not be surprised if that happened every year in that game given it’s a pre season friendly all about minutes in legs for the European team and it’s a massive cup final or shop window for the MLS players.

And none of this is to suggest that Messi couldn’t still do it in the PL. At this stage in his career you would have to build an entire team around him in the way Argentina did in the WC and hope he had 38 games in his legs because in doing the former you’re likely to be putting a lot of reliance on him to create and or finish.

I’d not be surprised if that happened every year in that game given it’s a pre season friendly all about minutes in legs for the European team and it’s a massive cup final or shop window for the MLS players.
That’s a pretty stacked MLS team. Kaka and David Villa with the goals too

@Joe Mac alright lets talk....how much would it cost for u to send me a bottle

So providing I could find a way of shipping it so that it didn’t resemble a bottle with liquid in it (not technically allowed to legally ship liquids internationally) my guess would be shipping would be in the €16-20 range for a couple of bottles…

Getting it is easy, I’m normally in a Nando’s every few weeks for my spicy chicken hit.

Back