It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I'm with you to a certain extent but you risk going broke if you drop into the championship with that stadium. ( I don't think they'll go down btw). It'll just be interesting to see what happens.
I should have said pragmatic as opposed to unattractive in terms of style.
Btw. What is "banter culture"? 🤷‍♂️

It’s this whole act like an offensive prick and then go say it’s all “banter” and everyone is supposed to laugh. It’s taken over Football over the last decade.

Yeah they still haven’t played City and Newcastle yet. I think both will be real challenges for them
What I like about Arsenal is they don't look as defensively vulnerable as Man City sometimes do. They don't play as high and don't get caught out on the break.
If they keep beating up on the lower teams then losing to City won't matter.
I think it'll be a race to the end between the two with Newcastle dropping away.
A real dogfight for the other CL places though.
I really like what Ten Haag is doing and if they find a striker look out!

I really like what Ten Haag is doing and if they find a striker look out!

It’s amazing what a couple of central midfielders who pass the ball forward through the lines does. It really is a very simple game at its core. I think we probably need a little more than just a striker but a streak of ruthlessness up front is definitely the one thing we are missing above all else right now.

It’s amazing what a couple of central midfielders who pass the ball forward through the lines does. It really is a very simple game at its core. I think we probably need a little more than just a striker but a streak of ruthlessness up front is definitely the one thing we are missing above all else right now.
Yep, and having a manager who is a strong leader and knows what he wants is vital in a club like United. I have no idea what Rashford did to receive a disciplinary benching but it speaks volumes that both Haag and Rashford came out winners in the situation.

He’s got no plan. Eddie Howe is a better manager than Conte currently. He’s tactically one dimensional.

You haven’t got the players either. You’re a bit like us last year, the lack of a midfielder with a bit of ambition to pass forward through the lines is holding that front 3 back big style. Conte has traditionally always found a space for one of those in his teams too. I’ve also never been a particularly big fan of pretty much any of your centre halves either, well maybe Romero when he’s not trying to decapitate someone.

You haven’t got the players either. You’re a bit like us last year, the lack of a midfielder with a bit of ambition to pass forward through the lines is holding that front 3 back big style. Conte has traditionally always found a space for one of those in his teams too. I’ve also never been a particularly big fan of pretty much any of your centre halves either, well maybe Romero when he’s not trying to decapitate someone.
Both can be true. I just know that the club won’t bring in the players Conte needs for his system so they may as well get rid of Conte for someone who will work with the players they’ve got.

What’ll happen is a few players come in during the transfer window, not like Kulu/Bentancur from last year, and Spurs finish 7th/8th. Conte walks at the end of the season. May as well make a change now and maybe you get lucky with a new manager. I realize it’s all short term, but it has to happen because the football is turgid. At least get the players playing better, more attacking. I’d rather lose 3-2 than that shit display from today.

Both can be true. I just know that the club won’t bring in the players Conte needs for his system so they may as well get rid of Conte for someone who will work with the players they’ve got.

What’ll happen is a few players come in during the transfer window, not like Kulu/Bentancur from last year, and Spurs finish 7th/8th. Conte walks at the end of the season. May as well make a change now and maybe you get lucky with a new manager. I realize it’s all short term, but it has to happen because the football is turgid. At least get the players playing better, more attacking. I’d rather lose 3-2 than that shit display from today.

I get where you’re coming from but who do you get now? And an interim just doesn’t work, I wouldn’t wish a Ragnick half season on anyone!

I get where you’re coming from but who do you get now? And an interim just doesn’t work, I wouldn’t wish a Ragnick half season on anyone!
Probably Pochettino. Just get some goals on the board. If Kane walks that’s a bridge you cross when it comes, it’ll happen this summer or in 5 years. There’s still a need for a massive rebuild, the club has been bandaging over it for too long.

Probably Pochettino. Just get some goals on the board. If Kane walks that’s a bridge you cross when it comes, it’ll happen this summer or in 5 years. There’s still a need for a massive rebuild, the club has been bandaging over it for too long.

Honestly. I’d look at how they’ve dismantled his team, given other people the money he should have to spend, the dross that’s come in and the prospect of working with Levy again and say no thank you very much, I’ll wait to see what’s available to me in the summer

Back