Interscope Vinyl Collective

I haven’t done a vinyl subscription in maybe 2-3 years now. Is “no returns, no exchanges” unusual or the standard now? I wasn’t sure if that language meant they also don’t replace damaged merchandise.

I haven’t done a vinyl subscription in maybe 2-3 years now. Is “no returns, no exchanges” unusual or the standard now? I wasn’t sure if that language meant they also don’t replace damaged merchandise.
It’s not the standard now but wouldn’t be shocked if they do not replace damaged stuff. I’ve seen a few places now have disclaimers like no refunds or replacements on jackets damaged in transit, etc.

My experience by and large with direct to consumer shops from big record labels has been fairly bad on the fulfillment and CS side.

The Chronic Photo Dump

The Chronic arrived today and it's completing underwhelming. Cheap generic mailer, double LP housed in a cheap single pocket sleeve, paper inner sleeves (seams splits on both of mine). Haven't compared it to my 2021 version but I'm not expecting an improvement. Not worth the $45+ they are asking. It looks like this collective will be a missed opportunity by Interscope to deliver high quality releases of their catalog.

The Chronic Photo Dump

The Chronic arrived today and it's completing underwhelming. Cheap generic mailer, double LP housed in a cheap single pocket sleeve, paper inner sleeves (seams splits on both of mine). Haven't compared it to my 2021 version but I'm not expecting an improvement. Not worth the $45+ they are asking. It looks like this collective will be a missed opportunity by Interscope to deliver high quality releases of their catalog.
It’s the same plates as the 2023 release which are generic cuts done at MRP or PRP I think.

I tried to tell people on Reddit that this was just a cash grab but people didn’t wanna believe me…they are going after the collectibles market, not the music listener/audiophile market

It’s the same plates as the 2023 release which are generic cuts done at MRP or PRP I think.

I tried to tell people on Reddit that this was just a cash grab but people didn’t wanna believe me…they are going after the collectibles market, not the music listener/audiophile market
Yeah, runout matches the standard 2023 version. Pressed at PRP.

So I'll say I'm not disappointed with this and it fully met my expectations. I never expected it to be an audiophile club, despite that being the only way I'd probably stay subscribed.

The pros: It sounds great, no noise, flat. The jacket looks really good and I like the alternate art. The multicolored foil on the back of the jacket is very nice.

The cons: They should have done a high quality gatefold jacket and it's stupid that they didn't. I don't need another felt mat, but I do like that it has the pot leaf on both sides and taking what they sell those at the price isn't very inflated. But I'd never have bought a felt pot leaf mat and this new standard (and rising) price for vinyl is ridiculous. The foil on the front has a weird overlap of the features on top of the title in the bottom left. Don't like that look.

Over all if I paid a $10 premium for this over the regular release I don't feel cheated. It's what I thought it would be which is exactly what they showed and advertised. No bait and switch like that Album Circle bs. But is it a cash grab? Absofuckinglutely. So are 90% of vinyl put out these days including every club. Even most VMP exclusives (not records of the month, but store drops) are just standard press variants at a premium price.

5OZB6uYelkKPLwe8Zg-y1Hif0_EfieHPAUXLjKtN0jFksC_4rEMHBp1Ic03nRkp_aWJgh1Zf5k4BhZTlQOrZDkntIu7SyTT75iu4xobwe_n_BD6RP1NoFg=s0-d-e1-ft

Finally getting responses from my emails about the seam splits with the Dre and it appears they might be sending me a new one.

And a week or so later a follow up email that they are shipping a new one after viewing the pictures I sent

They took the feedback and replaced the mailers with some very nice looking and much higher quality ones to prevent corner damage. I forgot to cancel on time so ended up with the latest, but I know I'll get at least what I paid on cogs for it. Hoping they'll broaden the range of genres in the next couple months.

Back