Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Looks like my yellow The Smile is on its way. Will be interested to see if it pops on Discogs soon and what the reviews are like.

Listening to the hacked minidiscs for the first time (🧐) as they always seemed a bit too intimidating but really loving them. One thing I wasn't expecting was the sheer amount of (Hammond?) organ on them. A nice surprise. Some really great songs on there. Shame I waited so long...

So - given The Smile is practically 'Radiohead-lite' and they are apparently planning a second album, is Radiohead dead & buried?

Really loving A Light for Attracting Attention - but it's not the same as a Radiohead album.

I just need to know if I need to start mourning.

So - given The Smile is practically 'Radiohead-lite' and they are apparently planning a second album, is Radiohead dead & buried?

Really loving A Light for Attracting Attention - but it's not the same as a Radiohead album.

Yes, absolutely. Start mourning Radiodead.

I mean they’re childhood friends who all still seem to get along. There’s no hint of a big fall out. It’s absolutely on the back burner and I wouldn’t expect anything new for a long while but it’s likely never going to be dead either.

Last edited:
If you didn't tell me anything about the Smile album, I would have strongly assumed it was a new Radiohead one. I still find myself sort of drifting off on a Moon Shaped Pool feeling every now and then listening it. (It's probably my album of 2022 so far)

You guuuuuuuuys, first 4 reviews on Cogs for The Smile pressing all say it's got left channel GZ noise... Anyone else here have it yet? I'm... concerned.

Back