Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I got an EU first press coming of Kid A. It's not LPKIDA1 but I got a great deal on it and it looks like it's in great shape as well. I believe same discs as the UK one, so maybe I'll keep an eye out for a jacket with poor discs in the future and make a Frankenstein copy.

I promise to give a detailed review of this one compared to the 2016 XL EU Remaster. I'm actually very skeptical that it sounds better than the 12" XL.
I used to have that copy...it sounds 👍🏻

It’s the same pressing run as LPKIDA1. They were done in the same factory from the same plates at the same time. They just did a unique code for the sleeve in their home country.

It does sound better than the Capitol I had. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t different than the 2016 XL, they were using digital masters by then, but better can be subjective. The other Parlophone I’ve owned have always sounded better than the equivalent XL pressings though.

Nice to have a first pressing for sure. I dropped my Bends 2016 reissue when I found an OG Copy, the difference was very noticeable. I also have HTTT on UK Parlophone but that's the only copy I've ever owned.

I'll look for a nice sleeve down the line to move this one into. I've seen those copies come up before, don't know why it hasn't struck me before to pick one up.

Nice to have a first pressing for sure. I dropped my Bends 2016 reissue when I found an OG Copy, the difference was very noticeable. I also have HTTT on UK Parlophone but that's the only copy I've ever owned.

I'll look for a nice sleeve down the line to move this one into. I've seen those copies come up before, don't know why it hasn't struck me before to pick one up.

Yeah I have a 2014 Parlophone of the bends that is a really brilliant press and now the OG Kid A. I had an OK Computer Parlophone of the same vintage that I swapped out for the OKNOTOK box too, it was better, although in fairness not hugely and the box/extra tracks are great. My Hail to the Thief is an XL which is actually a good press, spinning it now. I do have the really cool OG map CD of it and the OG Amnesiac Library Book CD, I’ll have to think of a way of displaying those 🤔

Yeah I have a 2014 Parlophone of the bends that is a really brilliant press and now the OG Kid A. I had an OK Computer Parlophone of the same vintage that I swapped out for the OKNOTOK box too, it was better, although in fairness not hugely and the box/extra tracks are great. My Hail to the Thief is an XL which is actually a good press, spinning it now. I do have the really cool OG map CD of it and the OG Amnesiac Library Book CD, I’ll have to think of a way of displaying those 🤔

I have the library book, it's really one of my favourite physical releases from them even though I don't have a CD player anymore.

I believe it was @Jan who put both of these up in the PIF thread some time back. I can't remember if they got claimed or not.

I have the library book, it's really one of my favourite physical releases from them even though I don't have a CD player anymore.

I believe it was @Jan who put both of these up in the PIF thread some time back. I can't remember if they got claimed or not.
yes, they both got claimed. don´t quite remember by whom

If anyone is looking for the blue OKNOTOK set, I may be letting mine go in favor of a black pressing.
Haven't made a final decision yet, and most likely anyone who wanted it here already has it...

I’m team Kid Amnesiac.

We all acknowledge, though, that Kid A and Amnesiac are actually two halves of one single album, though, right? Two puzzle pieces meant to be spliced together.

Think about it. Two albums recorded in the same sessions, both with eleven tracks. You start with “Everything in It’s Right Place” which is Thom’s version of an inside joke, because the tracks are all actually spread out across two albums - haha, what a jokester. Then you go over to “Packd Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box” which is basically a continuation of the sentence started by EIIRP and also the punchline to that joke. You just keep alternating between the two albums track by track until you get to the part where the cacophony of horns in National Anthem resurface in Life in a Glass House and closes it all out. This is a Jekyll and Hyde situation. I mean, listen to the swirling harp sounds at the end of Motion Picture Soundtrack and the swirling glitchy sounds at the beginning of Like Spinning Plates and tell me there’s no connection there.

Give us the 4LP version of Kid Amnesiac we’ve been waiting for! Where Pyramid Song leads into National Anthem which leads into Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors. The natural progression from I might be wrong into Optimistic. Where Morning Bell is actually the reprise of “Morning Bell/Amensiac”.

The truth is out there.

I’m team Kid Amnesiac.

We all acknowledge, though, that Kid A and Amnesiac are actually two halves of one single album, though, right? Two puzzle pieces meant to be spliced together.

Think about it. Two albums recorded in the same sessions, both with eleven tracks. You start with “Everything in It’s Right Place” which is Thom’s version of an inside joke, because the tracks are all actually spread out across two albums - haha, what a jokester. Then you go over to “Packd Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box” which is basically a continuation of the sentence started by EIIRP and also the punchline to that joke. You just keep alternating between the two albums track by track until you get to the part where the cacophony of horns in National Anthem resurface in Life in a Glass House and closes it all out. This is a Jekyll and Hyde situation. I mean, listen to the swirling harp sounds at the end of Motion Picture Soundtrack and the swirling glitchy sounds at the beginning of Like Spinning Plates and tell me there’s no connection there.

Give us the 4LP version of Kid Amnesiac we’ve been waiting for! Where Pyramid Song leads into National Anthem which leads into Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors. The natural progression from I might be wrong into Optimistic. Where Morning Bell is actually the reprise of “Morning Bell/Amensiac”.

The truth is out there.
I have been saying this forever. Did we just become best friends ?

I’m team Kid Amnesiac.

The truth is out there.
The weird thing is I absolutely love Kid A and I hardly spin Amnesiac as it doesn’t grab me the same way. I think I need to give it another listen with my full attention on it.

I’m team Kid Amnesiac.

The truth is out there.

You monster.

I’m team Kid Amnesiac.

The truth is out there.
I would be down for this, I think...I haven’t listened to both of them together like this though 😂

I’m team Kid Amnesiac.

The truth is out there.
Fellow Radiohead conspirator! May I interest you in my very compelling TKOLTMB theory? 😎

The King of Limbs and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes are a double album and you will not convince me otherwise

I’m team Kid Amnesiac.

The truth is out there.

You're close, but I know from a roadie who worked the Kid A tour and overheard Thom talking to the Illuminati High Council of Rock Royalty about how it was actually inspired by the Flaming Lips's Zaireeka, and how he was disappointed nobody had pressed both albums onto 8 CDs that are to be played simultaneously on 8 boomboxes placed on top of locations in Stonehenge determined by the lunar calendar, or 12 boomboxes on the equinox, as on that day the CD maxi singles should also be played simultaneously.

Back