Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

If we're just gonna sit here and quote Kid A, I'm gonna pretend that I'm not here and this isn't happening. Cut the kids in half for all I care ... I'll see you in the next life.

What do you think @gaporter? Iā€™m reclining maybe a book of leftover artwork, Thom did say he was digging through the kid a stuff last year, or perhaps some from of livestream benefit concert...
My heart says to go obvious and say maybe they're finally doing the Kid A/Amnesiac anniversary set but that may just be wishful thinking on my end. I've heard rumblings of it being all sorts of things, and with RH you never can be sure... it could be so many things. The specificity in saying "it's not *new* music" can be read into but then we might just be grasping at straws lol

Not for nothing, but another theory I've heard that's interesting to ponder is that they're sitting on an AMSP from the Basement that was recorded before lockdown... seems like a longshot to me but I certainly wouldn't be mad at that

My heart says to go obvious and say maybe they're finally doing the Kid A/Amnesiac anniversary set but that may just be wishful thinking on my end. I've heard rumblings of it being all sorts of things, and with RH you never can be sure... it could be so many things. The specificity in saying "it's not *new* music" can be read into but then we might just be grasping at straws lol

Not for nothing, but another theory I've heard that's interesting to ponder is that they're sitting on an AMSP from the Basement that was recorded before lockdown... seems like a longshot to me but I certainly wouldn't be mad at that

I kinda think that ship has sailed and itd be weird for Ed to say a definitive no last year and then them go at it this year. If itā€™s not new music, but still a release, some kinda b-sides compilation, a bit like the classic 90s Oasis one The Masterplan, would be awesome but Radiohead doing retrospectives would hugely against character. An in the basement would be cool but this sounds like theyā€™re doing something now too so if it exists maybe this is in addition to?

I kinda think that ship has sailed and itd be weird for Ed to say a definitive no last year and then them go at it this year. If itā€™s not new music, but still a release, some kinda b-sides compilation, a bit like the classic 90s Oasis one The Masterplan, would be awesome but Radiohead doing retrospectives would hugely against character. An in the basement would be cool but this sounds like theyā€™re doing something now too so if it exists maybe this is in addition to?
don't say the ship has sailed... don't let the dream die out!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I see what you're saying tho, was it a definitive no? or did he just say they weren't doing anything for the 20th anniversary of Kid A specifically? I cannot remember :p

I think, most likely, we might be hearing some old demos revived in some form, or we're gonna get a livestream concert or perhaps the release a concert film from a recent past tour.

A b-sides comp would be amazingly convenient but highly unlikely given how hard they railed against the idea of a greatest hits. Plus there's some confusion there since they kinda already compiled all the OKC b-sides for OKNOTOK. Which I know still leaves about 90% of their b-sides still to be included but it'd be weird for them to do a massive compilation of their B-sides and then just skip over OKC

don't say the ship has sailed... don't let the dream die out!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I see what you're saying tho, was it a definitive no? or did he just say they weren't doing anything for the 20th anniversary of Kid A specifically? I cannot remember :p

I think, most likely, we might be hearing some old demos revived in some form, or we're gonna get a livestream concert or perhaps the release a concert film from a recent past tour.

A b-sides comp would be amazingly convenient but highly unlikely given how hard they railed against the idea of a greatest hits. Plus there's some confusion there since they kinda already compiled all the OKC b-sides for OKNOTOK. Which I know still leaves about 90% of their b-sides still to be included but it'd be weird for them to do a massive compilation of their B-sides and then just skip over OKC

It was in an interview or a Q & A and heā€™s said something along the lines of ā€œWeā€™re not doing that this timeā€.

Oh yeah I donā€™t for one second think theyā€™d do it plus itā€™d be enormous. The ā€œin my headā€ release includes the ok computer era stuff.

But yeah Iā€™m think live-stream with the potential for a tour next year if we are out of covid. Thatā€™s where my money would be.

It was in an interview or a Q & A and heā€™s said something along the lines of ā€œWeā€™re not doing that this timeā€.

Oh yeah I donā€™t for one second think theyā€™d do it plus itā€™d be enormous. The ā€œin my headā€ release includes the ok computer era stuff.

But yeah Iā€™m think live-stream with the potential for a tour next year if we are out of covid. Thatā€™s where my money would be.
hmmmm but has "this time" passed and now we're in another time? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” i feel as though i am playing mind games with myself... i really should get myself off to bed šŸ˜…

also you mentioning "in my head" tripped me up for a second because it made me think of this -

hmmmm but has "this time" passed and now we're in another time? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” i feel as though i am playing mind games with myself... i really should get myself off to bed šŸ˜…

also you mentioning "in my head" tripped me up for a second because it made me think of this -

I think Kid A is the anniversary and itā€™s gone. Doing the anniversary release for Amnesiac would feel odd.

Itā€™s very good but I feel sometimes that it has a bigger reputation on here than in the big bad wider world. It also very much felt like a secondary release after Kid A at the time, it didnā€™t have that ā€œmake the world stand stillā€ moment at all and it wasnā€™t nearly as divisive.

Also I know they came from the same initial sessions, but I donā€™t consider them as a natural pair to put together in a box šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. I did also just spend Ā£140 on a copy of Kid A too so... šŸ˜‚

Hahahaha! Not my intention but very good!

I think Kid A is the anniversary and itā€™s gone. Doing the anniversary release for Amnesiac would feel odd.

Itā€™s very good but I feel sometimes that it has a bigger reputation on here than in the big bad wider world. It also very much felt like a secondary release after Kid A at the time, it didnā€™t have that ā€œmake the world stand stillā€ moment at all and it wasnā€™t nearly as divisive.

Also I know they came from the same initial sessions, but I donā€™t consider them as a natural pair to put together in a box šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. I did also just spend Ā£140 on a copy of Kid A too so... šŸ˜‚

Hahahaha! Not my intention but very good!
The similarities between Kid A and Amnesiac are there but I would agree the two albums very much have their own vibe and tone to them to where you can't exactly mishmash them together. But I also think to package them together, considering their relationship, would make sense on some level... not that I think it will happen necessarily but if they were going to do a big Kid A anniversary, bringing Amnesiac along for the ride would seem to be an obvious move

at the end of the day, I'm just sitting here waiting for new Radiohead anything, and it's entirely possible this news of something being in the works is something relatively small. but... I want to believe šŸ˜­

Hahaha! Whereas a combined release has made no sense at all to me from the start lol! I am a contrary old goat.

I think youā€™ll be pleasantly surprised something, however minor, is clearly in the pipeline!

Last edited:
There's loads of stuff that came out of those sessions though that never made either album. I would think it would be a cool release if they compiled all of it together and released it with some unused artwork from the era.

I would obviously buy whatever the put out if it's a reissue of Kid A / Amnesiac but it would nice to have new material.

By the way...i did a thing.

There's loads of stuff that came out of those sessions though that never made either album. I would think it would be a cool release if they compiled all of it together and released it with some unused artwork from the era.

I would obviously buy whatever the put out if it's a reissue of Kid A / Amnesiac but it would nice to have new material.

And what thing did you do?;)

as for what could be coming...just give us anything physical that we can hold/play/ and lovešŸ˜šŸ˜‚

I got an EU first press coming of Kid A. It's not LPKIDA1 but I got a great deal on it and it looks like it's in great shape as well. I believe same discs as the UK one, so maybe I'll keep an eye out for a jacket with poor discs in the future and make a Frankenstein copy.

I promise to give a detailed review of this one compared to the 2016 XL EU Remaster. I'm actually very skeptical that it sounds better than the 12" XL.

Iā€™m not convinced at all by these tales of troves of unreleased material. The sessions are pretty well documented. There were two albums and the b-sides to the second album. Huge amounts of what was know to be recorded in the sessions were reworked on and became the majority of the Hail to the Thief Era. Some made it as far as In Rainbows with Burn the Witch not fully surfacing until A Moon Shaped Pool. From the tales Iā€™ve heard thereā€™s only a few unnamed scraps left hanging around.

It would seem really odd to do a Kid A and Amnesiac joint box that was full of demos of tracks that came out on later albums. Also Iā€™m standing by the fact that lumping the two very different albums together doesnā€™t enhance them, it detracts from their individuality and the beautiful and very distinct art that each had. At this stage I think a vinyl issue of the amnesiac b sides similar to OKNOTOK and maybe a live DVD of one of the tent gigs (if they were recorded) would be the most I could see as coming out as an official release. They could always use the library to put up the demos of songs from later albums that they werenā€™t satisfied enough with to use.

I got an EU first press coming of Kid A. It's not LPKIDA1 but I got a great deal on it and it looks like it's in great shape as well. I believe same discs as the UK one, so maybe I'll keep an eye out for a jacket with poor discs in the future and make a Frankenstein copy.

I promise to give a detailed review of this one compared to the 2016 XL EU Remaster. I'm actually very skeptical that it sounds better than the 12" XL.

Itā€™s the same pressing run as LPKIDA1. They were done in the same factory from the same plates at the same time. They just did a unique code for the sleeve in their home country.

It does sound better than the Capitol I had. Iā€™d be shocked if it wasnā€™t different than the 2016 XL, they were using digital masters by then, but better can be subjective. The other Parlophone Iā€™ve owned have always sounded better than the equivalent XL pressings though.

Back