Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I just saw the trailer for this Motherless Brooklyn movie that "Daily Battles" was made for and holy shit it is the most Oscar baity looking movie I've seen in a while. My hope though is that maybe because of that Yorke is a shoe-in for a Best Song nomination? The whole band was should have gotten an Oscar for "Spectre" a few years ago but blah blah old wounds.

I just saw the trailer for this Motherless Brooklyn movie that "Daily Battles" was made for and holy shit it is the most Oscar baity looking movie I've seen in a while. My hope though is that maybe because of that Yorke is a shoe-in for a Best Song nomination? The whole band was should have gotten an Oscar for "Spectre" a few years ago but blah blah old wounds.

The one great thing about Radiohead is that they’ll have a healthy amount of scorn and cynicism towards the oscars, and all awards really, that they couldn’t care less! I think they’d have been more miffed at their song being rejected than anything else!

The one great thing about Radiohead is that they’ll have a healthy amount of scorn and cynicism towards the oscars, and all awards really, that they couldn’t care less! I think they’d have been more miffed at their song being rejected than anything else!
Well yeah but still. It'd be cool to see Yorke get an Oscar, cynicism aside. Maybe he could preform the song since that's a big thing for artists to do now? Doubtful, but again, could be neat.

The Oscars are forever tainted for screwing There Will Be Blood out of a Best Score nomination tho.

Well yeah but still. It'd be cool to see Yorke get an Oscar, cynicism aside. Maybe he could preform the song since that's a big thing for artists to do now? Doubtful, but again, could be neat.

The Oscars are forever tainted for screwing There Will Be Blood out of a Best Score nomination tho.

I’d hope he’d stay true to form and not turn up because it’s irrelevant tbh!

I’d hope he’d stay true to form and not turn up because it’s irrelevant tbh!
Sufjan performed at the Oscars, why not Thom? Lol

I do agree with you but as someone who usually ends up watching the ceremony for whatever reason, some Thom Yorke sprinkled in there would be a nice thing to look forward to.

Sufjan performed at the Oscars, why not Thom? Lol

I do agree with you but as someone who usually ends up watching the ceremony for whatever reason, some Thom Yorke sprinkled in there would be a nice thing to look forward to.

Because to be honest meaningless popularity contests mean nothing to them. They’ve said it lots and lots of times. And the oscars is the most meaningless and vapid of the lot...

I saw the film box version of AMSP at my local shop for $45 yesterday. I have the standard black vinyl pressing. I wonder how much better it might sound? My system is modest.

Back