Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Yeah, non-fills seem to be the most common defect with those but if you find a clean copy (and it seems like Euro pressings may be cleaner) I think it would be the ideal way to listen to these albums. You get the inner groove distortion from from trying to stick too much music on each side.

I held off on replacing my 2x10” Capitol with the 2x12” XL because I knew these were coming. I doubt I will actively seek out the XL pressings but if I come across some at a good price I would probably pick them up.
The 2x12" XL's are what I have, so I'll be comparing them at some point.

The 2 x12 XL’s are a bit better, more musical and a bit more bottom end on my system. To be expected.Better separation and soundstage I think, sounds like a veil has been lifted.

The Parlophone 2x10 of both albums are brilliant too for similar reasons. Unfortunately pricy now. As is the weird XL sleeves, Parlophone discs 2x10 of Amnesiac from 2016. The capitol ones, not so much!

I think from now on I'll just be sticking to CD or digital for Radiohead. At least until they can get some sort of quality control for their releases.

Then again, I've been thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stick with CD and digital for all music... certainly cheaper and less frustrating.

I think from now on I'll just be sticking to CD or digital for Radiohead. At least until they can get some sort of quality control for their releases.

Then again, I've been thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stick with CD and digital for all music... certainly cheaper and less frustrating.
I’m being more particular about vinyl both because of pressing issues and price, but I really like the benefits of a well pressed and mastered slab of vinyl.

Another thing i didn’t mention in my spin of Kid A yesterday is that it didn’t sound significantly different from what I remember it sounding like on CD. This is with out a true a-b listen though, just saying it sounds like what I remember it sounding like.
I agree for the most part. Though there is definitely distortion on the “How To Disappear Completely”. It’s not super distracting but it’s there and is noticeable especially if you’re overly familiar with the CD version.

Have any of y'all, especially any UK folks seen any of the Kid A 2 x 12s for sale recently? They seem to have vanished and I'm wondering if they've been replaced by this 3 LP Kid A mnesia set. I kinda wanted to grab the UK 2x12 and waited too long...

Have any of y'all, especially any UK folks seen any of the Kid A 2 x 12s for sale recently? They seem to have vanished and I'm wondering if they've been replaced by this 3 LP Kid A mnesia set. I kinda wanted to grab the UK 2x12 and waited too long...

This is the only place I’ve seen it from a quick look. I’m not sure I’d order from them across the Atlantic though, their packaging can be iffy…

So Amnesiac is pretty close to perfect - sounds great, actually - but Kid A is hilariously off-center with a mild edge warp. Ugh.

Also, LITA is selling red copies on Discgs for $24 + shipping. For those on the fence, might actually be worth rolling the dice at that price.
Looks like those are the CD version. Unless they just sold out of the vinyl.

just flipped to side b of Amnesiac, sounds fantastic. Ever so slightly dished. No off center. Admittedly, I don’t know this album as well, but it sounds like instruments instead of a wall of noise which is how I would describe it (and Kid A) in the past.

Also, it’s pretty clear to me new kid does not like the Radiohead.

just flipped to side b of Amnesiac, sounds fantastic. Ever so slightly dished. No off center. Admittedly, I don’t know this album as well, but it sounds like instruments instead of a wall of noise which is how I would describe it (and Kid A) in the past.

Also, it’s pretty clear to me new kid does not like the Radiohead.
Did you have that distortion on How To Disappear....
Besides that I've got no real complaints. Overall sounds good and doesn't ruin the song. Annoying but serviceable. I've enough copies of the album anyway so I'll live

Did you have that distortion on How To Disappear....
Besides that I've got no real complaints. Overall sounds good and doesn't ruin the song. Annoying but serviceable. I've enough copies of the album anyway so I'll live
I mean, the whole thing is slightly distorted to me (by design, I’m sure). I will have to listen again and will want to a-b my cds at some point.

I mean, the whole thing is slightly distorted to me (by design, I’m sure). I will have to listen again and will want to a-b my cds at some point.
I could very well be wrong and misremembering the song, as it's been awhile since I've played Kid A (any format) but there seems to be some slight distortion toward the end that isn't part of the actual recording (or I don't remember it as so....but that would be a good point to revisit another version)

I could very well be wrong and misremembering the song, as it's been awhile since I've played Kid A (any format) but there seems to be some slight distortion toward the end that isn't part of the actual recording (or I don't remember it as so....but that would be a good point to revisit another version)
I've got the distortion on my copy. It certainly sounds as though it is fairly universal. As you say, it's more of an annoyance than a travesty, but in context with the other QC issues I have on Kid A (off-center, mild warp) it's a bummer.

That said, I've always been partial to Amnesiac, and my copy is about as good as I could have hoped for.

In short, a mixed bag, which isn't exactly what you are looking for at this price point.

Last edited:
Back