Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

*Corporate Accounts Payable Nina speaking. JUST a moment*
Did anybody take your red swingline?
Yeah, I decided to really lean into for my first day back to work after shaving my beard into a very boss ‘stache. The best part is that photo became my work profile pic for a couple years and when I was in a meeting with some people in Dallas and they were blown away that it was an real photo. They thought I had uploaded a photo of Milton from Office Space.

little-known fact, the J in J Mascis is silent, and stands for JViking. Not many people know his full legal name is Jviking Daniel Mascis

FlamboyantPeriodicAuk-max-1mb.gif

:cool:

I had a photo of me on the other forum, and one time said something along the lines of "color me interested" in response to a record,

and the dashing @Colonel_Angus colored me right in. kept that as the avatar since. he later mailed me the original art with a record, cherished work 🥰

hot takes.. hot takes... umm...
butter pickles are garbage.
Houston has one of, if not the most, underrated food scenes in the US.
I think the newer JID stuff is not as good, back half of the 2022 albums get boring and I get lost.
beats on Pusha T's Almost Dry were weak.
I love Alvvays but found Blue Rev so middle of the road that I can't even remember if I finished listening to it through once or not.
Reno has nothing redeeming about it as a city besides the airport proximity to Tahoe.
can't get over the Netherlands proximity to Belgium and how trash their beer and booze is in comparison.
there are way too many Dudes on this forum.

I had a photo of me on the other forum, and one time said something along the lines of "color me interested" in response to a record,

and the dashing @Colonel_Angus colored me right in. kept that as the avatar since. he later mailed me the original art with a record, cherished work 🥰

hot takes.. hot takes... umm...
butter pickles are garbage.
Houston has one of, if not the most, underrated food scenes in the US.
I think the newer JID stuff is not as good, back half of the 2022 albums get boring and I get lost.
beats on Pusha T's Almost Dry were weak.
I love Alvvays but found Blue Rev so middle of the road that I can't even remember if I finished listening to it through once or not.
Reno has nothing redeeming about it as a city besides the airport proximity to Tahoe.
can't get over the Netherlands proximity to Belgium and how trash their beer and booze is in comparison.
there are way too many Dudes on this forum.
Sweet pickles can go straight to hell. But my grandma lived in Reno in the 70s. She was an awesome grandma and I love her, but she's dead now and probably with those sweet pickles because of what she got up to in Reno.

I’ve been getting back into red wine lately and I’ve got to say that once you get past cheap plonk I’ve still not tasted a new world red that beats an old world bottle at the same price point.

Also Stilton might be my favourite food produce in existence.

I’m not sure if these are not takes though or just things I wanted to say and here in the sewer thread is where I am.

I’ve been getting back into red wine lately and I’ve got to say that once you get past cheap plonk I’ve still not tasted a new world red that beats an old world bottle at the same price point.

Also Stilton might be my favourite food produce in existence.

I love all cheese, and stilton is wonderful, I do love a strong blue with honey drizzled on it a bit more.

re: wine, have you tried Quierolo? I don't know how easy it would be to find, but it's a peruvian red that is easily, easily among the best I've ever had. If you can find them, I would particularly recommend the Malbec and Borgona. Viñas Queirolo

I love all cheese, and stilton is wonderful, I do love a strong blue with honey drizzled on it a bit more.

re: wine, have you tried Quierolo? I don't know how easy it would be to find, but it's a peruvian red that is easily, easily among the best I've ever had. If you can find them, I would particularly recommend the Malbec and Borgona. Viñas Queirolo

I’ve honestly never seen Peruvian wine for sale in any of the wine focused off licences I’ve been to!

I’ve honestly never seen Peruvian wine for sale in any of the wine focused off licences I’ve been to!
I can't imagine many bottles get that far across the water, but it is a delight. It's strong the way you expect a malbec to be, but sweet-ish. Not cloying dessert-wine sweet.

Also, on the subject of Wine From The New World -- and don't say this in front of any Peruvians, because by and large they Are Not Fond Of Chile -- you may want to check out Chilean wines. They are wonderful. Argentine reds are also wonderful but IMO the best combination is Argentine steaks and Chilean wines. Argentinos are humorless pricks until you get to know them, and then they are a warm and lovely people, and holy shit do they work magic with red meat.

If you ever come across them, this is the only California winery that I've found that surpasses most everything dollar to dollar. It's not cheap, but better than most that go for double.

There are a few more in South America. But I prefer Italian and some French wines typically at the cheap price range I'm looking at. I've had a great inexpensive Portuguese wine too.

I can't imagine many bottles get that far across the water, but it is a delight. It's strong the way you expect a malbec to be, but sweet-ish. Not cloying dessert-wine sweet.

Yeah we have some very good wine focused off licences but the big 3 of US, Oz and SA dominate the new world stuff with a healthy amount from Chile and Argentina added in. Pretty sparse beyond that.

If you ever come across them, this is the only California winery that I've found that surpasses most everything dollar to dollar. It's not cheap, but better than most that go for double.

There are a few more in South America. But I prefer Italian and some French wines typically at the cheap price range I'm looking at. I've had a great inexpensive Portuguese wine too.

I love French red, but it’s expensive for what I really want, but oh boy it’s good. Tend to save it for special occasions.

Italian red depends on the style but I have a lot of time for a good Nero D’Avolo or Ripasso.

Spain is where it’s at for me. Can get some great boutique Rioja’s and Ribero del Duero’s for around the €20 mark here that I’d put up against anything from anywhere for €20.

Also, on the subject of Wine From The New World -- and don't say this in front of any Peruvians, because by and large they Are Not Fond Of Chile -- you may want to check out Chilean wines. They are wonderful. Argentine reds are also wonderful but IMO the best combination is Argentine steaks and Chilean wines. Argentinos are humorless pricks until you get to know them, and then they are a warm and lovely people, and holy shit do they work magic with red meat.
I know what I am going to look for at the fancy giant alcohol store by my parents house this weekend.

Back