Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

This is a genuine question: what makes the Arctic Monkeys' music terrible for people?

I think terrible might be a bit of an overstatement but they're just so generic. Nothing about them stands out. I've heard a bunch of their songs but I couldn't tell you the name of one, let alone the melody of any of them. They're fluff.

Try as a might, I just can't get into the Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen but I think I would like to. What am I doing wrong? I mean I like Sympathy For The Devil, Gimme Shelter, and You Can't Always Get What You Want but the rest just isn't approachable for me. And Bruce, maybe Born In The USA and Dancing In The Dark painted him badly in my eyes as a youth.
Yes, this. I am constantly baffled at how over rated they both are.

This thread is hilarious. Also, I am taking all of the Radiohead and Thom Yorke hot takes 100% personally, and you're all out of my will.

My own:

Nirvana had some iconic, seminal hits, however Kurt Cobain's suicide artificially catapulted the band into the upper echelons of grunge history that is otherwise undeserved and overall, their music is not that impressive.

Back