Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

See Fresh Grabs. That’s not even remotely dark, it’s a great way of picking up great music thst isn’t worth the vinyl price, particularly second hand!
That's the exact attitude I had but reversed in the late 90's/early 00's. I used to explore so much music in the vinyl dollar bin during that time, it was truly a golden age for my wallet.

My two favs to pull out on other music fans that get them worked up:

Live Through This > Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero

or more bluntly

Hole > Nirvana

and

James Brown was much more influential and important than Beatles

That last one is just a fact. I don't hate the Beatles at all and I think the trendy hating on the Beatles train is misguided as it's pretty stupid an arrogant to deny that the Beatles had a massive global impact on pop music. The thing is, I'd argue Brown had equal the impact globally, and his innovations actually lasted longer. His emphasis on rhythm started in the late 60s continues to define popular music worldwide, while less and less people care about concept albums from white dudes in costumes.

On a point of equality, James Brown and John Lennon were both horrible people outside of their music.

Kid A is fantastic, but I will say of all their albums, it's the one I often feel like revisiting the least, with possibly the exception of Pablo Honey. I also stand by my opinion that the Amnesiac version of "Morning Bell" is infinitely better and that "Treefingers" hurts the album's flow severely.

Back