Hip Hop

Here^is the tracklist for Andre's experimental Flute album

8 songs: 87 minutes

I got a chance to hear this. I was halfway expecting dude to just be playing a flute for 90 mins, but it's not that at all. It's obviously not hip hop but it's pretty damn dope if you like ambient music or minimal electronic sound textures. Sounds at times like some Brian Eno/Jon Hopkins/Mark Van Hoen/Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement type shit. Apparently the whole this was improvised, which is pretty incredible.

I'm feeling it. The vast majority of his fanbase definitely won't be, IMO. It's a bit long but its a compelling listen.

I got a chance to hear this. I was halfway expecting dude to just be playing a flute for 90 mins, but it's not that at all. It's obviously not hip hop but it's pretty damn dope if you like ambient music or minimal electronic sound textures. Sounds at times like some Brian Eno/Jon Hopkins/Mark Van Hoen/Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement type shit. Apparently the whole this was improvised, which is pretty incredible.

I'm feeling it. The vast majority of his fanbase definitely won't be, IMO. It's a bit long but its a compelling listen.
edit: Nm got it

Last edited:
If anyone was on the fence about signing up for the Interscope vinyl membership, don’t. Extremely cheap mailer & there was no padding on the inside. They also used the most recent master for this press & I didn’t realize how soulless it sounded… I was excited for the Obie Trice release next month but honestly I think I’m just going to cancel.

IMG_1707.jpegIMG_1708.jpeg

If anyone was on the fence about signing up for the Interscope vinyl membership, don’t. Extremely cheap mailer & there was no padding on the inside. They also used the most recent master for this press & I didn’t realize how soulless it sounded… I was excited for the Obie Trice release next month but honestly I think I’m just going to cancel.

View attachment 187376View attachment 187377
I'm disappointed to see so many got damaged with their crap mailer. I was really lucky with my copy. Personally I think it sounds pretty good, but I know it's the same master. I saw that regular version for $40 at a couple places online today, so my expectations were met with this being only slightly different (alt cover w/ foil stamp). But a club that emphasizes higher quality vinyl this is not. It's only about putting old stuff in new skins for more money.

I'm on the fence on that Obie one. I've streamed it a couple times since the announcement and am enjoying it more than I remembered. Don't think I've seen that one out in the wild, so I'm tempted even knowing this is just a cash grab gimmick.

This Blockhead album is just perfection, he’s asked a list of my favourite MC’s to come up with some seriously great lyrics and then he’s gone and made beats that remind me of Music By Cavelight that IMO was his magnum opus. This stuff is addictive.
love the fact that across several recent albums , guys like Rob Sonic, Breezly and others popped up again

That queue on Al's site now is extremely frustrating. I added it to my cart instantly on my desktop and it said the wait time was less than a minute but I never was sent to the checkout page. Opened it on my phone, added one to my cart, went to checkout and got sent to the checkout instantly. Make it make sense 😅

Back