Hip Hop

Yeah I don’t know why but it’s not grabbing me. I’ve liked Muggs work a lot and really like Crimeapple on Wet Dirt but I’m going to need to take some more time with Medallo.

I’ll probably end up loving it in a month and have to custy up on the secondary market for some wax

Same here, I love Wet Dirt, Metralleta and Aguardiente. Medallo is gonna take some repeated listens for me. Didn’t feel it instantly like those other 3.

Same here, I love Wet Dirt, Metralleta and Aguardiente. Medallo is gonna take some repeated listens for me. Didn’t feel it instantly like those other 3.

Like I love the way he flows over the beats on Wet Dirt. Can’t say I feel the same way on this one, especially when I hear Conway or Mach Hommy ride on Muggs shit, I feel like it complements it perfectly.

Muggs definitely has some great atmospheric eerie beats on this but something about Crimeapple’s raps just aren’t jiving with me

Hey y’all been super out of the underground hip hop scene and looking to dive back in after listening to YBN Cordae’s new album. That had me feeling inspired. Was wondering if anyone would give me a starter kit for hip hop albums to listen to (from the past year or two) help ease myself back into it? I listen to most popular/big name releases but missing the days of being on the know with the underground. Super big fan of rappers like Smino, Saba, Noname, Ivan Ave, JID, etc etc so you guys have an idea of what my ears like

Hey y’all been super out of the underground hip hop scene and looking to dive back in after listening to YBN Cordae’s new album. That had me feeling inspired. Was wondering if anyone would give me a starter kit for hip hop albums to listen to (from the past year or two) help ease myself back into it? I listen to most popular/big name releases but missing the days of being on the know with the underground. Super big fan of rappers like Smino, Saba, Noname, Ivan Ave, JID, etc etc so you guys have an idea of what my ears like

Loving Anonymuz.
Last year Home Brew dropped a compilation. It was good.
King Iso has talent but is hit and miss a bit.
The Off Daze was a nice funky lil project worth a listen.
The Kid LAROI I got love for the kid.

Last edited:
Buddy’s Harlan and Alondra was one of my favorites from last year! Easy listening and fits the vibe you’re mentioning. Goldlink’s At What Cost another personal favorite from 2017. More understated though.

Check out Ivy Sole - Overgrown if you want another dope female artist. Or Rapsody - Laila’s Wisdom

Also try Quelle Chris stuff from the last couple years! Great album in 2019 called Guns. I was first introduced in 2017 with Being You is Great I Wish I Could Be You More Often (probably my personal favorite). And then he had a great collab album with Jean Grae last year

Buddy’s Harlan and Alondra was one of my favorites from last year! Easy listening and fits the vibe you’re mentioning. Goldlink’s At What Cost another personal favorite from 2017. More understated though.

Check out Ivy Sole - Overgrown if you want another dope female artist. Or Rapsody - Laila’s Wisdom

Also try Quelle Chris stuff from the last couple years! Great album in 2019 called Guns. I was first introduced in 2017 with Being You is Great I Wish I Could Be You More Often (probably my personal favorite). And then he had a great collab album with Jean Grae last year

Ivy Sole is badass, love that overgrown album. Got it from VMP when it was ROTM, probably wouldn’t have discovered her otherwise. Backwoods is a nice dope smoking anthem, reminds me of my younger days.

Back