Hip Hop

I dug Acid Rap and some tracks off 10 Day. I do not hear any of that on this album tbh. This sounds like everything I disliked about Coloring Book put into a blender with a bunch of collaborators I could care less about and spewed into a, IMO, bad album. I’m with you on the hyperbole thing being played out but some people won’t like this album because Chance isn’t making music for them anymore and that’s ok, just like it’s ok to like it.

I was about to post something very similar until I saw this. Completely agree with everything you said. To me, Coloring Book is what started the shift in his music to this more mainstream, cheerful, feature heavy songs. Acid Rap was lighting in a bottle and quite possibly the best mixtape of all time (besides Faces from Mac Miller imo). He set bar extremely high at a young age and I dont fault him for expanding his tastes and sound, its just not for me though and thats totally fine. I am thankful for his early stuff and the contributions he's made to the hip hop culture.

I was about to post something very similar until I saw this. Completely agree with everything you said. To me, Coloring Book is what started the shift in his music to this more mainstream, cheerful, feature heavy songs. Acid Rap was lighting in a bottle and quite possibly the best mixtape of all time (besides Faces from Mac Miller imo). He set bar extremely high at a young age and I dont fault him for expanding his tastes and sound, its just not for me though and thats totally fine. I am thankful for his early stuff and the contributions he's made to the hip hop culture.
Chance is well on his way transitioning from a rapper to an entertainer a’la Will Smith or Justin Timberlake

Lol, like I am gonna go back and read all that. Once was more than enough. Again, I was talking about a specific response where you contributed nothing but an emoji. But if you really want to keep stanning for this album literally anytime someone says it sucks, you do you.
Cool, I will do that and you can keep sticking up for those that don’t need/didn’t ask your your help. We are on the same page.

At first listen, the new Chris Crack didn’t grab my attention as much as some of his others but maybe it will grow on me. Won’t be sad if it doesn’t since I’ve dug everything else he put out so far this year and will probably drop 5 more projects before the end of the year..

When does this drop? I haven't heard Gunplay on a track in a minute. Looking forward to it...
Dude is looking trim. I am guessing all the medical stuff finally caught up to him. I am glad (healthwise) but slightly disappointed I am gonna miss the big ol pot belly of his.

It drops 8/9!!!

And yeaaaa boi, that's the RossFit! :giggle: :giggle::ROFLMAO:

@Lee Newman

Not sure if you’ve checked out a lot of these but I really liked

Blu & Oh No - A Long Red Hot Los Angeles Summer Night

Billy Woods & Kenny Seagal - Hiding Places

Quelle Chris - Guns

Pivot Gang - You Can’t Sit With Us

Benny the Butcher - The Plugs I Met

DJ Muggs & Mach Hommy- Tuez-Les Tous

Curren$y & Statik Selektah - Gran Turismo

Revenge of the Dreamers 3

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana

Crimeapple & DJ Skizz - Wet Dirt

Long Red Hot, Plugs and Wet Dirt are all superb albums. Have you heard Medallo yet?

Yeah I don’t know why but it’s not grabbing me. I’ve liked Muggs work a lot and really like Crimeapple on Wet Dirt but I’m going to need to take some more time with Medallo.

I’ll probably end up loving it in a month and have to custy up on the secondary market for some wax

September 16th, Sony Hall in NYC.

Benny & Friends present: The Plugs I Met Live

This sounds like it’s going to be an awesome show.
yeah, he was talking about it on IG Live a week or two ago. he definitely made it sound like everyone who's on the album is supposed to be there. I definitely would like to go to it but don't think I will be able to.

Back