Hip Hop

They've got KIDS and a couple others, too. Alright, @Cloud or other tapeheads, y'all got a recommendation for a low-cost separate cassette deck I can connect to my stereo receiver? The one I thought I was gonna be using is busted

Sony Stereo CD/Cassette Boombox Home Audio Radio, Black (CFDS70BLK), 13.7 x 6.1 x 9 inches Amazon product ASIN B01DUF3UVC

Went through super smooth for me just now other than a few extra seconds loading each page. If there was a bundle for cheaper shipping I would have grabbed the Rome shirt too.

I haven't been buying much vinyl lately (been focusing on making money instead of spending it) so I haven't been posting here as much. But I had to grab that Rome reissue and I had a few minutes so I wanted to share some of my random thoughts on hip hop recently.

1. I'm not into gospel Kanye, he still makes a few good songs here and there but the albums are pretty much unlistenable for me. I hope at some point he starts finding more inspiration in jazz because I would love to hear how that sounds.

2. I'm excited for some new Kendrick, mainstream hip hop needs a wake up call right now.

3a. HWH8 Side A is fire, can't wait for side B
3b. Also can't wait for that Stove God Grisela album, dude is one of my favorite rappers at this point.
3c. I need a Jada/Gunn album!
3d. I hope we get a song with the whole griselda crew over some Beat Conductor production at some point. Would be like some Wu-Tang shit.

4. Pyrex Picasso is the best Benny project since TT3

5. I've enjoyed all of the Bruiser Brigade albums this year, hope the new Danny drops next!

6. Been digging the last couple Napoleon Da Legend albums, don't sleep on him, he puts a ton of good stuff out.

Entertaining short film thing:

Listened to some of this today. Thumbs-up.

Just to jump on what others have said; got a Little Simz delivery today, listened to the album through and it's excellent. Maybe it's just what I needed in the moment or something but it felt fresh and old at the same time. Signed package is really nice too.

This releases Friday for anyone in Japan. I don't think they ship overseas. A little more info about it. I guess only other way to get it is that show in Queens.

picture_pc_ec8699e84a063540e220bdf2345bed2b.jpg

this work is a complete Japanese edition by Toyo Kasei, who is proud of Japan. Moreover, the jacket is also A type. Band + 2 inner sheets (1 song translated). Limited to 250 sheets. It will be released on September 10th this Friday. BIG LOVE does not make any record reservations, including other products, so there is no reservation here. The price will be 6000 yen including tax, but this is not a profitable level, so there is no wholesale to other stores this time.

Back