Hip Hop

I didn't even realize their beef originated from Saafir apparently showing up Cas on Fear Itself.. that's ridiculous. Fear Itself is ridiculous top-to-bottom... with or without that verse. Sad to hear that he ain't doing so well.. I reached out to him like 7 years ago trying to get some Plan Bee reissues happening but unfortunately they never happened.

On another note from the other thread.. you attended Good Life?? You must have stories.. thats the shit I want to hear about!

Oh yeaaaahhh I surely did attend Goodlife from around 93 until it closed and morphed into Project Blowed. Yeah I have more than a few pretty interesting stories like for instance during the East Vs West Beef, when Common did “The Bitch in yoo” diss to Ice Cube, Common showed up to Good Life open mic. I see him come in and say what’s up to him but he looked kind of understandably concerned because he didn’t know what kind of reception he’d get because of that song. Well needless to say people were giving him so much respect because 1) the Song was dope and 2) Good Life had major beef with Cube who showed up a few times to the open mic and even worse Bit Volume 10’s flow. That’s why if you listen to Hip-Hopera there’s a song that starts out “Don’t try to claim that Style/ You a mothafuckin liar/ it goes on but that song was directed at Ice Cube.

Then there’s the story about the Time Fat Joe showed up and performed only to get Boo’d off the stage. Good Life had this thing where if you perform or freestyle and you’re wack the crowd would say, “Please Past the mic” and that’s what happened to Fat Joe.

There’s a documentary done by Ava DuVernay, who By the way used to be an MC in a group at Goodlife and was hella dope but it’s called “This is the Life” if you can find it, Buy it. A lot of the stuff in that documentary I was in attendance for.

Oh yeaaaahhh I surely did attend Goodlife from around 93 until it closed and morphed into Project Blowed. Yeah I have more than a few pretty interesting stories like for instance during the East Vs West Beef, when Common did “The Bitch in yoo” diss to Ice Cube, Common showed up to Good Life open mic. I see him come in and say what’s up to him but he looked kind of understandably concerned because he didn’t know what kind of reception he’d get because of that song. Well needless to say people were giving him so much respect because 1) the Song was dope and 2) Good Life had major beef with Cube who showed up a few times to the open mic and even worse Bit Volume 10’s flow. That’s why if you listen to Hip-Hopera there’s a song that starts out “Don’t try to claim that Style/ You a mothafuckin liar/ it goes on but that song was directed at Ice Cube.

Then there’s the story about the Time Fat Joe showed up and performed only to get Boo’d off the stage. Good Life had this thing where if you perform or freestyle and you’re wack the crowd would say, “Please Past the mic” and that’s what happened to Fat Joe.

There’s a documentary done by Ava DuVernay, who By the way used to be an MC in a group at Goodlife and was hella dope but it’s called “This is the Life” if you can find it, Buy it. A lot of the stuff in that documentary I was in attendance for.

Yeah, I seent that documentary.. had to wait for ages for it to get onto Netflix cause the DVD was too spendy for my tastes. I mean.. I've followed Blowed since like Hip-Hopera dropped but had no idea of the depth until the late 90s. You ever see Log Cabin or get one of their damn tapes? What ever happened to the Ganjah K album that everyone says Dre bit for The Chronic.. ? Didn't the Wu or ... maybe it was just Cappadonna battle like all of Haiku d'etat?

That's all I got for now but I'm sure I got tonnes more.

Chance is brilliant and not corny at all imo. He's a touch too open about his religion my tastes but he's genuine, is full of witty wordplay, is a good story teller and often steals the spotlight in his cameos.

Coloring Book wasn't entirely for me but certain songs hit me really hard ala "Same Drugs" and the album grew on me with time.

I understand why hip-hop purists might not like him but Surf (via the Social Experiment) and Acid Rap are two of the better hip-hop albums the decade has given us. I wouldn't have issue with somebody claiming Coloring Book is too. My favs would probs be:

Last edited:
Chance is brilliant and not corny at all imo. He's a touch too open about his religion my tastes but he's genuine, is full of witty wordplay, is a good story teller and often steals the spotlight in his cameos.

Coloring Book wasn't entirely for me but certain songs hit me really hard ala "Same Drugs" and the album grew on me with time.

I understand why hip-hop purists might not like him but Surf (via the Social Experiment) and Acid Rap are two of the better hip-hop albums the decade has given us. I wouldn't have issue with somebody claiming Coloring Book is too. My favs would probs be:

So everyone is entitled to their opinions and by no means am I shitting on people who like Chance but man, if those are the songs you think best exemplify how good Chance is.. I don't know what to say, I couldn't get through a single one of them. They ranged from meh to outright terrible.. like, I'm shocked people think this guy is the future by these songs.

But again, to each their own and all that jazz... and while I do tend to like 90s-era-style hip-hop, I don't think I'm necessarily a purist either.

So this just happened.
Mac lethal gonna tear this corny dudes ass up.

Dunno who tha fuck tom macdonald is but he terrible lol he looks older then mac lethal to me aswell so dunno why he so hard on the age tip

I love this thread, I literally came here to post "who's this clown motherfucker Tom MacDonald that suddenly popped up on my YouTube feed?" and you guys are already on it!

bless up!!

So everyone is entitled to their opinions and by no means am I shitting on people who like Chance but man, if those are the songs you think best exemplify how good Chance is.. I don't know what to say, I couldn't get through a single one of them. They ranged from meh to outright terrible.. like, I'm shocked people think this guy is the future by these songs.

But again, to each their own and all that jazz... and while I do tend to like 90s-era-style hip-hop, I don't think I'm necessarily a purist either.

I really liked Acid Rap, but the new stuff from Chance lost me a little. Coloring Book has a good songs but it's not as good as Acid Rap IMO.

Will check out how the new stuff he's about to release is, but I can't say I'm excited or even expecting it.

So this just happened.
Mac lethal gonna tear this corny dudes ass up.

Dunno who tha fuck tom macdonald is but he terrible lol he looks older then mac lethal to me aswell so dunno why he so hard on the age tip

also, the diss over someone's age is lazy. MGK basically made his entire Eminem diss track about it. like longevity in the game is a bad thing or they had any control of when their parents decided to fuck. this clown Tom MacDonald will be lucky if he can stay relevant long enough for a younger rapper to call him out on his old age down the road.

So everyone is entitled to their opinions and by no means am I shitting on people who like Chance but man, if those are the songs you think best exemplify how good Chance is.. I don't know what to say, I couldn't get through a single one of them. They ranged from meh to outright te

I mean, I don't know how you can hate on Cocoa Butter Kisses but as you alluded, this is all subjective. And I'm mostly defending Acid Rap and/or his talent/ambition. Surf isn't even really a hip-hop album. That said, you also dismissed Saba in another thread and that one, I flat don't understand.

View attachment 4117

I mean, I don't know how you can hate on Cocoa Butter Kisses but as you alluded, this is all subjective. And I'm mostly defending Acid Rap and/or his talent/ambition. Surf isn't even really a hip-hop album. That said, you also dismissed Saba in another thread and that one, I flat don't understand.

FWIW, that's the best Saba song I've heard yet... I don't think he's bad per se.. same with Chance.. just ... boring?

how come you got so many mods on your sub @Clint Howard ?

Great hiphop sub I make the habbit of checking all the pictures daily since you told me to check it.
Your sub shows me that bootlegs are bigger then I expected with alot of people showing em off.

Check it out people!

DOOM does among hip hop heads. Some of my friends who love hip hop dont really know who he is tho. One of my boys came over and I had on King geedorah. He was like who tf is that. I said MF DOOM. He said never heard him. Hes 26 too
I see DOOM getting some love on here and I personally don’t have any DOOM experience. What album should I start with?

how come you got so many mods on your sub @Clint Howard ?

Great hiphop sub I make the habbit of checking all the pictures daily since you told me to check it.
Your sub shows me that bootlegs are bigger then I expected with alot of people showing em off.

Check it out people!

Is that a lot of mods? I really have no idear.. I mean the shit mostly mods itself but it's good to have people on different time zones so someone can always keep an eye on it.

I see DOOM getting some love on here and I personally don’t have any DOOM experience. What album should I start with?

I would go with Operation Doomsday and then Madvillainy. Or if you really wanna go back, start here:

Back