Hip Hop

Any Chicago hip-hop heads here? I am about to do an interview with the Chicago Reader on some old school rap shit!

Hey I’m getting old and my memory is failing....Was EC ILLA from chicago? I used to work on this hotline in L.A. and a Street promoter and I worked his album but I just can’t remember.

I’m with you on that. He’ll have a song here and there that’s a real banger but he can never hold my attention a full album.
Even Malibu? I mean..... cmon now
Yeah, this is my problem. I feel crazy that I love Malibu but don't love anything after enough as a whole album to buy it.

damn Freddie goes hard on this track. I know that I am in the minority here but Anderson .Paak just doesn't do it for me but he's fine on this one, I just wish there was less of him on it.
I’m with you on that island.
I’m with you on that. He’ll have a song here and there that’s a real banger but he can never hold my attention a full album.

Looks like we can throw a party on this island cause i’m with y’all. I like Yes Lawd! and Ventura. Never really cared for him being featured on other peoples songs.

damn Freddie goes hard on this track. I know that I am in the minority here but Anderson .Paak just doesn't do it for me but he's fine on this one, I just wish there was less of him on it.
Looks like we can throw a party on this island cause i’m with y’all. I like Yes Lawd! and Ventura. Never really cared for him being featured on other peoples songs.
when i hear his music i can tell dude is talented but his voice gets annoying really quick for me.

Hey I’m getting old and my memory is failing....Was EC ILLA from chicago? I used to work on this hotline in L.A. and a Street promoter and I worked his album but I just can’t remember.
Yeah Illa was from Chicago. Uptown/North Pole to be exact.

God Damnit now you got me looking at E.C. Illa shit on discogs...Gotta have this one. (AKA his debut 'Live From The Ill'.

I agree with you on Anderson...it's pretty much been nothing but the same since the Venice>Malibu>Yes Lawd! run.

Oh and I can't forget his often overlooke debut as Breezy Lovejoy...

Honestly all 3 Breezy Lovejoy projects are worth listening to.

Malibu took me a while to get warmed up to.
A lot of it is good to dance to. That's prob what helped me get into the album more

Lol it’s funny I go look because I know I bought an Anderson Paak album and I got Venice sitting here unopened on my shelf, so I go to listen to it, and now this one I like.

Back