Hip Hop

I'm curious about what prompted you to come to this thread. Was this link cross posted?

Well I was looking for info on this album and artist so I searched the Hip Hop thread. 😉.

I saw this listed on SlyVinyl. Streamed some of it. Kind of liked it. Did a little research on artist. Then popped over here to see what hip hop fans on the N&G forum had to say. According to Discogs I only have 14 Rap/HipHop albums but there are a few more in the VMP section so my depth of knowledge is limited. Still, always good to branch out a bit.

Well I was looking for info on this album and artist so I searched the Hip Hop thread. 😉.

I saw this listed on SlyVinyl. Streamed some of it. Kind of liked it. Did a little research on artist. Then popped over here to see what hip hop fans on the N&G forum had to say. According to Discogs I only have 14 Rap/HipHop albums but there are a few more in the VMP section so my depth of knowledge is limited. Still, always good to branch out a bit.

Cool. Well, I'd say that one of the best aspects of the forum is the knowledge that we can derive from and offer each other. If you're interested in digging deeper and you know particular releases that you do enjoy, I'm sure that there are plenty of people with recommendations for similar tiles you might also be into. Hip hop isn't so one dimensional, so it's quite possible that it isn't so much that you aren't that into rap, but that you aren't that into whatever you've been used to hearing, and might learn towards a different style or elements. Some folks like Ornette Coleman and some like smooth jazz. Some like both.

That n
If I remember right this was 100 quid when it was first sold at the original release of Orpheus, mighta been 75 though, it was definitely some silly high price
Yea this was 100 when Orpheus came out. It gives me some hope that DoC will get a black version at some point since there was a black and a 100 variant for Orpheus

Hey everyone!

Who purchased/pre-ordered Run The Jewels' RTJ4 from the Run The Jewels store?

What does the receipt/purchase name come up as in your bank statement? Also, if you needed to contact customer service, what email did you use?

Both my discs were severely warped and I contacted an email address I found on the RTJ site, and asked for a replacement, but they haven't gotten back to me! It's been awhile!

Can't remember if I paid via PayPal or not!

@Mather - Did you order your RTJ4 through the Run The Jewels store?

I wish I never ordered through them, it's cheaper on Amazon who has a generous return policy and it's not easy to find an email to contact the Run The Jewels store!

Hey everyone!

What does the receipt/purchase name come up as in your bank statement? Also, if you needed to contact customer service, what email did you use?

Both my discs were severely warped and I contacted an email address I found on the RTJ site, and asked for a replacement, but they haven't gotten back to me! It's been awhile!

I wish I never ordered through them, it's cheaper on Amazon who has a generous return policy and it's not easy to find an email to contact the Run The Jewels store!
Sorry man I ordered through Amazon. I'm not sure who runs the RTJ store. Mine are warped too, but my clamp takes care of it.

Hey everyone!

It's run by Daylight Curfew - did you order the 4 or 2LP? If the four, then they won't have replacements but may offer you a partial or full (if you return it).

Did you respond to the confirmation email or contact them through the customer service contact on the website (I'd try the latter if you already didn't - you should be able to find it in the Help/FAQs link - in fact I believe if you tried the confirmation email, it specifically says they don't respond to it). I see you kind of answered my above question, by stating you used an email address you found on the website, but was it the contact form? If not, I'd give that a go.

I don't remember off the top of my head what it billed as but I think it may have been Daylight Curfew on Paypal.

Edit:

I double-checked my PayPal. Here is the seller info, according to PayPal:

Daylight Curfew
http://www.daylightcurfew.com

info@daylightcurfew.com

Last edited:
Sorry man I ordered through Amazon. I'm not sure who runs the RTJ store. Mine are warped too, but my clamp takes care of it.
That’s all good! I should’ve known that the release wasn’t limited and would’ve came to Amazon! Much better for us in terms of the overall costs and return policy!

I might just get mine flattened; always great when something badly warped gets flattened perfectly! 👍
It's run by Daylight Curfew - did you order the 4 or 2LP? If the four, then they won't have replacements but may offer you a partial or full (if you return it).
Did you respond to the confirmation email or contact them through the customer service contact on the website (I'd try the latter if you already didn't - you should be able to find it in the Help/FAQs link - in fact I believe if you tried the confirmation email, it specifically says they don't respond to it). I see you kind of answered my above question, by stating you used an email address you found on the website, but was it the contact form? If not, I'd give that a go.

I don't remember off the top of my head what it billed as but I think it may have been Daylight Curfew on Paypal.

Edit:

I double-checked my PayPal. Here is the seller info, according to PayPal:

Daylight Curfew
http://www.daylightcurfew.com

info@daylightcurfew.com
Thank you so much for all that info! I think I didn’t pay through PayPal, so I can’t contact them through there. I just sent another email, just in case! I’ll wait another month and if I don’t get a response by November, then I’ll directly contact Daylight Curfew! I’ll be happy if they give me a partial refund as I can get both discs professionally flattened for AUD$20!

Never again ordering through an artists’ store! I ordered a vinyl a few days ago through JPEGMAFIA’s store, but that was an exception because I’ve heard the customer service from his store is great, and it’s a limited release, unlike the Magenta 2LP pressing or RTJ4!

I was going to order Metro Boomin and Savage 21’s Savage Mode II via their store but I didn’t want to because of too many experiences like the one I’m having now with Run The Jewels! Plus, shipping alone was USD$26!

Thank you for that response though Lord! I’ve screenshot your response just in case I need to contact them directly in the future! ☺️

170 copies as of right now

Oh shit. Thanks. I just bought that half-asleep and confused as shit.

170 copies as of right now

nice, copped. didn't see new activity alert in the thread and might have missed it if I hadn't just stopped in to praise this NOMTW from DRW that I am finally spinning. I initially complained about their prices and passed on releases but finally caved on this one. The quality is nice all over and the vinyl sounds great. Up next is Mad Moon and hopefully sounds great too. Glad I didn't have to pay flipper prices for Zelooperz.. unlike Mad Moon

Back