Hip Hop

With the overuse of the word nowadays, sure?

Realistically though classic is probably a strong word imo
Yeah that’s so true that the word is so overused nowadays! Classic is a strong word! Pilot Talk certainly isn’t a certified classic, but it does seem like it’s got a strong cult following! Classic really is overused though!

Do you guys think Curren$y’s Pilot Talk is a classic?

I think like u said, Curren$y has a cult following that has allowed him to be successful as hell, almost entirely independent. That cult has this album high on his list of best projects (and that's a long list given his output over the decade)

It has alot of sentimental value for alot of ppl here cuz it came out when alot of us were in high school or college imo!

I think like u said, Curren$y has a cult following that has allowed him to be successful as hell, almost entirely independent. That cult has this album high on his list of best projects (and that's a long list given his output over the decade)

It has alot of sentimental value for alot of ppl here cuz it came out when alot of us were in high school or college imo!
What album from 2010 do you prefer out of Kid Cudi’s Man On The Moon II, Rick Ross’ Teflon Don or Curren$y’s Pilot Talk @Jonathan Y ?

What album from 2010 do you prefer out of Kid Cudi’s Man On The Moon II, Rick Ross’ Teflon Don or Curren$y’s Pilot Talk @Jonathan Y ?

You're asking the most bias person here lolol i am a Spitta stan. I've seen him like 5 or 6 times live. Got to meet and talk to him briefly in 2011 after a show. Always been that way.....if u dont get why....Weed raps lol u know me Nathan :)

You're asking the most bias person here lolol i am a Spitta stan. I've seen him like 5 or 6 times live. Got to meet and talk to him briefly in 2011 after a show. Always been that way.....if u dont get why....Weed raps lol u know me Nathan :)
Yeah, you love your weed raps! You must love the album Long.Live.A$AP then! For me, that album is a straight up classic!

That’s awesome you actually spoke to Curren$y back then, shortly after the release Pilot Talk and Pilot Talk II !!!! That’s amazing!

Yeah, you love your weed raps! You must love the album Long.Live.A$AP then! For me, that album is a straight up classic!

That’s awesome you actually spoke to Curren$y back then, shortly after the release Pilot Talk and Pilot Talk II !!!! That’s amazing!

Yea he was sneaking out the back of this venue in Tampa, and me and the lady i was with happened to leave early and we almost ran into each other coming around the corner!!! Wild night!

Pilot Talk 2 is better than 1 tho imo

Pilot Talk 2 is one of my favorites of his ever ever

Yea he was sneaking out the back of this venue in Tampa, and me and the lady i was with happened to leave early and we almost ran into each other coming around the corner!!! Wild night!

I gotta check out Pilot Talk II then! It does seem like most people prefer Pilot Talk II more than Pilot Talk!

I love the song “Audio Dope II”, “Chilled Coughphee” and “Life Under The Scope”! Great instrumentals! 👌

@Woob_woob - Are you gonna grab Curren$y’s Pilot Talk? 🤔

I knew that would happen no matter how i worded it!!! lol
Pilot Talk, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, and Kush & O.J. were like a trilogy for me that year. Never heard anything from any of those guys before that year and it kinda knocked me out of a rut of checking for the same dudes all the time. K.R.I.T. Wuz Here is probably in my top 10 favorite albums ever.

Funny 2 is my least fave - i think. i have to go back and listen to it. I think I heard audio dope first and that's still probably my favorite track of the series

Edit: and I was out of highschool for 20 years when 1 dropped

Pilot Talk, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, and Kush & O.J. were like a trilogy for me that year. Never heard anything from any of those guys before that year and it kinda knocked me out of a rut of checking for the same dudes all the time. K.R.I.T. Wuz Here is probably in my top 10 favorite albums ever.
K.R.I.T. Wuz Here and Kush & O.J. are both better than Pilot Talk, easy! I wish the vinyl release for Kush & O.J. didn’t have that alternative cheap looking cover! The original mixtape cover is soooo much better!!!

Funny 2 is my least fave - i think. i have to go back and listen to it. I think I heard audio dope first and that's still probably my favorite track of the series

Edit: and I was out of highschool for 20 years when 1 dropped

Oh man! Don't get me wrong Audio Dope, King Kong Breakfast, the Day, Address are all still top tier

But Airborne Aquarium as the intro then the 3 tracks after (Michael Knight, Montreaux, and famous) is a damn 4 track run! Also Silence and Hold On are just perfect imo!

He just posted a status about needing someone to pick him one up this weekend as he won't be able to go out himself.
Thanks for the update! If Wooby Woob wants to get Pilot Talk, then I wanna get Pilot Talk! 🙊

Just kidding! I dunno if I’ll get it! One of my locals is selling it for AUD$45 which is a really fair price! I might get it but I’ll wait to make sure the pressing sounds great first! I won’t have trouble getting it the RSD release of Pilot Talk here in Australia thankfully! ☺️

and I was out of highschool for 20 years when 1 dropped

I was in my junior year of high school at that point. I didn't mind some Curren$y and Wiz stuff but the jocks who we'd over charge when selling them weed were super into them at the time. I've since learned to appreciate Curren$y more but these albums in particular always remind me of those guys. 😂

Back