Hip Hop

So that Boldy project which has been on pre order is available to stream on bandcamp now, and after actually reading the description (which I would recommend everyone does, it's a nice story), I realised the release was a bunch of old verses recorded between 07-10 with live Jazz instrumentals and other vocals involved. There are two exceptions which are 2018 verses, and the album also features a young Dej Loaf on track 2. It's a cool listen, not 100% sure if I'm gonna grab the record but I enjoyed it after my first run through, some of the tracks work really really well and others less well unfortunately.

I’m still slightly bitter about not being able to cop Price of Tea in China. Haha. But all jokes aside, this is a pretty dope project. Not something I have to have as a physical, but it’ll definitely get some repeated streams from me.

I’m still slightly bitter about not being able to cop Price of Tea in China. Haha. But all jokes aside, this is a pretty dope project. Not something I have to have as a physical, but it’ll definitely get some repeated streams from me.
I blame Alc, BOLDY DID NOTHING WRONG 😅

direct to the song

Nice. Three other spitta x fraud projects just got restocked on GetOnDown... I'm not sure whether they were hard to find before but I am listening now and probably going to pick cigarette boats up.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is frowned upon to post here or not, but I've been looking for this record for several years and have to have it.. If anyone has leads or owns a copy that isn't dear to them, give me a shout.
Go watch these flicks if you haven't, the American picture Shogun Assassin was pieced together from the first and second movies. Shogun Assassin of course was the inspiration/source material for much of Liquid Swords -- 25 years old this year!

Last edited:
Got my P4P cd before my record, which shipped 2.5 weeks prior. Still don’t know when to expect my record.

USPS is crazy backed up.

I’ve had mail disappear during transit a lot lately. Or dropped off and never scanned.

think it’s related this:
Outrage as Trump Crony Now Heading USPS Moves to Slow Mail Delivery

“the changes are significantly slowing down mail delivery, and that he is concerned about the impact it will have on mail-in ballots in November.” Per pres of post office workers union

I’ve had mail disappear during transit a lot lately. Or dropped off and never scanned.

think it’s related this:

“the changes are significantly slowing down mail delivery, and that he is concerned about the impact it will have on mail-in ballots in November.” Per pres of post office workers union
USPS is already overworked and understaffed due to COVID. More people are relying on USPS to ship things instead of going out to shop. In addition to that, Trump installed a crony at the USPS to slow mail as linked above. Trump is trying to bankrupt the USPS to A) privatize it and B) prevent mail-in ballots from being counted in the election. Can't count em if USPS happens to lose them or they get there after the deadline.

USPS is already overworked and understaffed due to COVID. More people are relying on USPS to ship things instead of going out to shop. In addition to that, Trump installed a crony at the USPS to slow mail as linked above. Trump is trying to bankrupt the USPS to A) privatize it and B) prevent mail-in ballots from being counted in the election. Can't count em if USPS happens to lose them or they get there after the deadline.

I have to get them to scan the package when I drop it off since I’ve had some not get scanned when dropping them off on counter or in the bin. The in post office service has actually improved considerably.

think it’s related this:

I actually got an update this morning that the shipment touched down in my city’s distribution center! After a month wait. Now let’s see how long it’ll take to make it to my house.

also, just want to say how much I completely understand the delays. In the grand scheme of things, this is such a non-issue.
I typically wouldn’t be so insistent on getting updates on my shipment if it wasn’t something so limited. I’m a bit nervous to have this shipment get lost due to the crazy price people are expecting for it now.

Ok time for a bandcamp link dump. If anyone is looking for something new to try out give these a listen!

This one just came out yesterday, and sounded good on first listen. Has some quality boom bap production with nice sample choices. (Digital only)

Next is a solid project from a group out of Buffalo, but it doesn't sound anything like Griselda. Honestly not sure what it does sound like, but I dig it. (Digital only)

This project comes from Bermuda, I like the voice and delivery, and the production is pretty interesting. (Limited vinyl available)

This is a short little ep but shows a ton of potential, sounds similar to Mavi or lojii. (Digital only)

This one took a while to grow on me but it clicked for me after a few listens. It's pretty lofi and gritty but it works well with the heavy rhyme schemes. (Limited (expensive) vinyl available)

Last but not least this so dropped today on Why? Records, which is becoming one of my favorite indie labels. Hoping they get some vinyl pressed at some point. (Digital only)

Hope y'all find something you like!

Edit: Forgot this. Its another Buffalo rapper, but has a much more familiar sound.

Last edited:
Back