Hip Hop

Still a real pity since Bandcamp seems to be a good company - apart from the server issues during some drops...
Looking at you P4P... :cry:
Yea--I'm a huge fan of bandcamp. It's my first place to look for albums that my local won't carry. The high-res downloads are a huge selling point to me as well. I'd rather pay a few more dollars on bandcamp to get the download than get it cheaper on amazon or something.

Does anyone have a copy of Only built 4 Cuban Linx (one of the recent reissues) that can speak to quality or lack thereof. Specifically the recent purple reissue via get on down? I've had really bad luck with most of their reissues.

it’s okay. Pretty quiet. Hard for me to recommend outside of having it on wax for the collection

New Prince Paul x Open Mike Eagle podcast is up today. It focuses on 3 Feet High and Rising, which should be really interesting. I'm going to try to catch up on both episodes today.
I really enjoyed the first one about the Gravediggaz, it was cool to hear Paul give some backstory on the process of trying to make it all happen. I definitely hold that first Gravediggaz album nearer and dearer to my heart than any De La album but I'm very excited to hear what Paul talks about regarding 3 Feet High...

I really enjoyed the first one about the Gravediggaz, it was cool to hear Paul give some backstory on the process of trying to make it all happen. I definitely hold that first Gravediggaz album nearer and dearer to my heart than any De La album but I'm very excited to hear what Paul talks about regarding 3 Feet High...
Man, I need a 6 Feet Deep reissue.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to splurge a bit more and get the gold. there's no way I can justify the $75 variant though.

This was me last night but then I had to remind myself Lulu is coming next and I'd probably want a variant of that more for my shelves. I'm going for the largest press as well on this first drop because we have no idea how this sites going to handle this.

Edit to add: If you were against ALC charging what he did for Rare Chandeliers, the Gold and the Merge are using the same pricing structure.

Last edited:
This was me last night but then I had to remind myself Lulu is coming next and I'd probably want a variant of that more for my shelves. I'm going for the largest press as well on this first drop because we have no idea how this sites going to handle this.
This is one of my favorite albums of the year so I think I'm going for the gold variant, but I definitely had the thought that I don't want to miss out on all of them going for a rarer variant, so maybe the black is the way to go.

Back