Hip Hop

Tomorrow Blank Face LP is 4 years old. If you haven't listened in a while roll one and bump it - to me this is Q's peak and probably my most played TDE project. Blank Face was the first time I heard the NEW school really nail the grimey vibe that we all know and love, coming w/ some real lyrical gems of Grown wisdom here and there as well which I appreciate in my hip hop (RIP GURU).

Kinda funny story, I'd always suspected Uncle Al of having a hand in the production on this but never saw anything about him being associated with it, if I didn't know any better I'd swear he produced 80% of it. Just last year the Know Ya Wrong beat showed up on Rapper's Best Friend 5 (ISO)alongside Rubber Bands & Weight and a couple of Alc's other Griselda bangers, after not having been featured on 2017's RBF4. Cool bc I have always felt as if Blank Face's soundscape really opened up peoples ears to darker hip hop that was mostly absent since the 90s as far as im aware (Im only 26 so I may be off point).

Great use of a young Anderson Paak on some vocals on the first track and a few others, he was all over the place that year and I was surprised how well he chameleoned for this project.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-07-07-18-56-03~2.png
    Capture+_2020-07-07-18-56-03~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Tomorrow Blank Face LP is 4 years old. If you haven't listened in a while roll one and bump this shit loud - to me this is Q's peak and probably my most played TDE project. Blank Face was the first time I heard the NEW school really nail the grimey vibe that we all know and love, coming w/ some real lyrical gems of Grown wisdom here and there as well which I appreciate in my hip hop (RIP GURU).

Kinda funny story, I'd always suspected Uncle Al of having a hand in the production on this but never saw anything about him being associated with it, if I didn't know any better I'd swear he produced 80% of it. When the Know Ya Wrong beat showed up on Rapper's Best Friend 5 (ISO) it was alongside Rubber Bands & Weight and a couple of Alc's other Griselda bangers.

Trigger warning for the Ye verse the second track, although I'd say its less skippable than his more recent output
I didn't really like it at first, but it really grew on me and made my top ten for that year. Haven't listened to it recently though, so sounds like a good reason to dig out the vinyl!

Everyone made an account on ALC's site, set up shipping info and signed up for the mailing list right? Don't seem to be able to add a payment option but hopefully this will be smoother then bandcamp.

I really hope once u add something to the cart its honored from that point.
None of this bot steals shit.
If its got that then I think we will all be okay.

Back