Hip Hop

Just saw this on eBay, if I didn't already own it I would absolutely buy it at that price. One of the cheapest listings I've seen in a while. Amazing album, Cash Money's first release, and unlike anything they really put out after that.

That's totally fair. Wish I'd gotten on the Daupe hype train earlier myself but k sera quesadillas, right? How far back does your Daupe collecting go?

I started with WESTSIDEDOOM. I mostly grab the cassette tapes. I have every jap tape released this year (so far). I have more of their tapes than vinyl. Outside of Griselda, the only daupe vinyl I have is Ghostface Killah “The Lost Tapes”. I was gonna post a pic of my jap tapes once we got half way through the year.

This will be a cheaper way to get some of the tracks on wax compared to trying to get some of the older Hitler tapes or Flygod though. Only positive I see.

My thoughts exactly. A lot of those songs I don’t have in physical format. I’m also curious to see the updated cover art cause i’m sure they’re gonna change it (hopefully). My Wet Dirt jap tape should be here this week. You guys always get your vinyl before I get my tape :rolleyes:

Just saw this on eBay, if I didn't already own it I would absolutely buy it at that price. One of the cheapest listings I've seen in a while. Amazing album, Cash Money's first release, and unlike anything they really put out after that.

Yoink! Thank you for the heads up.

I started with WESTSIDEDOOM. I mostly grab the cassette tapes. I have every jap tape released this year (so far). I have more of their tapes than vinyl. Outside of Griselda, the only daupe vinyl I have is Ghostface Killah “The Lost Tapes”. I was gonna post a pic of my jap tapes once we got half way through the year.

My thoughts exactly. A lot of those songs I don’t have in physical format. I’m also curious to see the updated cover art cause i’m sure they’re gonna change it (hopefully). My Wet Dirt jap tape should be here this week. You guys always get your vinyl before I get my tape :rolleyes:

I really want to add WestsideDoom to my collection but I can't justify the price for a 12" single. Maybe someday someone will sell/trade it to me on the cheap.

This will be a cheaper way to get some of the tracks on wax compared to trying to get some of the older Hitler tapes or Flygod though. Only positive I see.
This is what I feel. I’ll never get Chyna, Macho on Coke, Luger etc on vinyl as I’ll likely never own any of the older Daupe releases. And while the mixing isn’t perfect I like the new wrestling audio snippets they added to the old tracks.

This is what I feel. I’ll never get Chyna, Macho on Coke, Luger etc on vinyl as I’ll likely never own any of the older Daupe releases. And while the mixing isn’t perfect I like the new wrestling audio snippets they added to the old tracks.
If this drops tomorrow I’ll be in the middle of my drive (vacationnnnn) If anyone can cop an extra you know I gotchoo.

If this drops tomorrow I’ll be in the middle of my drive (vacationnnnn) If anyone can cop an extra you know I gotchoo.

They should announce a release tomorrow but it won’t drop until the first Monday of the month (June). Daupe drops are every first Monday of the month. Sometimes they release two albums in the same month but the first Monday is a guarantee. They announce the week prior to release which would be tomorrow.

Edit: Also, if you ever need help getting a release i’m always free during Daupe drops. I use my phone and laptop so I can help out if I have the extra funds.

Yoink! Thank you for the heads up.
Hell yeah! Now you can revel in the mystery with me...on the vinyl release only, they list the track 'Down Mutha For Ya' as 'Down Mutha For Ya (Video Version)' - Which would make this the first Cash Money music video...but there is no proof whatsoever of it's existence, outside of 2 interviews with different early Cash Money artists who are asked about it and claim to potentially remember there being a video for it..but no recollection as to what it looked like, if it got a wide release etc.

finally got around to listening to megan thee stallion's fever

it's like a southern cupcakke! (only not as good a collection of sounds, not as hilarious lyrically, and just generally not as good)

it's...fine, i guess

yall are trollin me hard on this IGOR record aye

I feel like everytime I come here I read 3 nice things about it.. one big conspiracy in the attempt to make me give IGOR more plays so I change my mind..

The album is amazing lol

The two latest Mello Music Group releases are fantastic....

Seba Kaapstad - Thina (Cape Town - jazz/soul/r&b/hip hop)

Chris Orrick (fka Red Pill) - Out to Sea (Detroit - mellow & jazzy hip hop)

Love Chris Orrick! Super underrated

I was a lil late but this album is superb

Get in there.. drop your list.

Back