Hip Hop

Anybody else heading to Soundset this weekend?
I’m really going to do my best to catch at least a little of the following

SZA
Beast Coast
RTJ
Black Star
Tierra Whack
Nickel Nine
Dua Saleh
Atmosphere

Weezy and DMX if possible

Tough to juggle it all though

This Beast Coast album is so average. Couple of good tunes (Distance is really great) but I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one. That being said Beast Coast as a whole is mad overrated anyway imo, there's only been like 4 great projects to come outta the whole movement even though I like some of the artists in there a lot

This Beast Coast album is so average. Couple of good tunes (Distance is really great) but I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one. That being said Beast Coast as a whole is mad overrated anyway imo, there's only been like 4 great projects to come outta the whole movement even though I like some of the artists in there a lot
tenor.gif

Itll grow on you just like A$AP Mob does.

Got Flamagra in and wow this is incredible

The hoodie is really just some Gildan screenprint shit idk why I expected better but the record itself is an impressive packaging flex

At least 5 years and 3 albums too late with this shit, doesn't feel fresh at all

Man you are hating hard right now lol. BetterOffDead, Indigoism, 1999, Clockwork Indigo, B4.DA.$$, Peep the Aprocalypse, All Amerikkkan Badass, Evermore are all undeniable. Nyck @ Knight was great too.

I can understand not being head over heels for Escape from NY off rip but “dropped the ball” definitely isn’t the way I’d describe it. I don’t think it’s really that deep - they just all got together and made some solid songs. The production here really shines through. The chemistry is absolutely there and the whole thing flows pretty well. Feels like a bunch of talented friends got together and had some fun making jams - which is basically what happened. Good variety of sounds. Not gonna be AOTY convo but it’s a solid listen for sure

Good news is it MIGHT save me another $30 on vinyl this month

Last edited:
Man you are hating hard right now lol. BetterOffDead, Indigoism, 1999, Clockwork Indigo, B4.DA.$$, Peep the Aprocalypse, All Amerikkkan Badass, Evermore are all undeniable. Nyck @ Knight was great too.

I can understand not being head over heels for Escape from NY off rip but “dropped the ball” definitely isn’t the way I’d describe it. I don’t think it’s really that deep - they just all got together and made some solid songs. The production here really shines through. The chemistry is absolutely there and the whole thing flows pretty well. Feels like a bunch of talented friends got together and had some fun making jams - which is basically what happened. Good variety of sounds. Not gonna be AOTY convo but it’s a solid listen for sure

Good news is it MIGHT save me another $30 on vinyl this month
While I continue my hating streak I’d only consider 1999, B4.DA.$$, Indigoism, and BetterOffDEAD great out of that list, though the others you listed are all good projects! I guess I just disagree they made solid songs on this particular project. 😜 It’s not bad or anything, just pretty average, saying they dropped the ball might be harsh cause maybe it’s supposed to be a bit of a throwaway

Back