Hip Hop

True but they've always been good to me. Whether it was $99 CDN Beatles Mono Boxsets or sending me multiple copies of Lil Ugly Mane.. they always sort me out. Hell, I had an issue with an order I placed and Amazon was like, yeah, it was a fuckup.. here's your refund and keep the money too.

I check their site mainly cause their shipping is much cheaper to Canada than any label and/or artist directly... which is how I found that.

I've only had bad experiences (Label affixed to the plastic was a limited 3xLP set. Other mistakes range from ordering Primus and them shipping me Eric Church 3 times, sending me the wrong rolling papers and constantly putting stuff for sale and then actually not having it/cancelling my orders, etc.) with them and won't order anything through them because of that. Always been a headache getting refunds/replacements and that was never worth the price saved for me. Do your local shops make you pay higher prices because of shipping fees to Canada? (In comparison to what the U.S. cost is?)

I've only had bad experiences from them and won't order anything through them for those reasons. Always been a headache getting refunds/replacements and that was never worth the price saved for me. Do your local shops make you pay higher prices because of shipping fees to Canada? (In comparison to what the U.S. cost is?)

Well shipping is baked into the price and stores also have the benefit of getting it wholesale and dividing the shipping cost over 20-hundreds of records versus ordering 1 or 2. Like, shipping from Ear Candy turns that 23 dollar record into a 40 dollar record all of a sudden, and that's in US currency. In Canadian funds, that works out to be about $50-55 for a single LP. There are very few stores that will retail a new LP for $55 locally (although there are outliers).

On the other hand, I can order this directly from Amazon and have it shipped for about $40 canadian, which is much more reasonable and makes it affordable.

Well shipping is baked into the price and stores also have the benefit of getting it wholesale and dividing the shipping cost over 20-hundreds of records versus ordering 1 or 2.

Yeah this was more or less my point. I've been having my local record store grab me some metal records from over seas because his distributor shares one with a label I like. Makes my purchases cheaper and gets him a little cash as well. Was curious as to if this was possible for you in the hip hop world?

Yeah this was more or less my point. I've been having my local record store grab me some metal records from over seas because his distributor shares one with a label I like. Makes my purchases cheaper and gets him a little cash as well. Was curious as to if this was possible for you in the hip hop world?

Depends on the release and the distributor. Most of the stuff I grab now is basically only available from the artist or label directly (and I'm not even sure they do wholesale) but like, Play De Record - probably the most famous hip-hop shop in Toronto (it's where Drake bought his first turntable!), they order records directly from Daupe and I think Tuff Kong but the prices are reflected. Like my friend boat Conway's GOAT at Play de for like $80 canadian plus tax (so it was like $92 cause we have a 15% sales tax here too, yaaay).. I think it costs about 56-60$ (depending on what our dollar is worth) for most Daupe records including shipping so they make a bit but not much on those records.

Different color covers of the Benny release for the one year anniversary of the label. Had 40 copies leftover and they made new sleeves and an art print.
Man seeing some of the stuff in this thread from time to time really gives me some perspective... I was feeling bad for dropping $20ish on an EP with only 4 songs on it, but compared to $40+ for 4 minutes of music... it doesn't seem like such a waste now.

All I know is I saw a pre-order posted for her debut on /r/hiphopvinyl and I was not sure what was the name of the artist and/or the release

070 Shake's is available here signed for 30$

So I'm not entirely sure how well known this is so I thought I'd throw this out there for the Mavi fans. Apparently it's 300 total, including the ones Mavi already sold so expect this one to sell out in no time at all.

070 Shake's is available here signed for 30$

Hmm.. that's the same site that was 'sold out' a few days ago.. not a surprise but hey, this is the world we live in now.

Back