Hip Hop

Oweee

Billy Woods - Terror Management
How'd you see this? I can't find any press releases or anything yet, or did I miss them? Surprised I can't find a single drop by now either. Here's the description for anyone interested:

On his new album, Terror Management, billy woods weaves past, present and future into a dark tableau as hilarious as it is macabre. This is a place where skeletons spill from closets, lead pours from faucets and the punchline is the whole joke. This is the sound of the police not coming, of garbage trucks in reverse, of glaciers shearing off into a black ocean. But these are also tales of perseverance, compassion and love, however quixotic. Of snatching one’s humanity from the fires that rage all about us.
Terror Management features production from Preservation, Blockhead, Willie Green, Messiah Muzik, Small Pro, ELUCID, Child Actor, Steel Tipped Dove, Uncommon Nasa, Jeff Markey and Shape. Together they create a backdrop of seamless fragmentation perfectly suited to these times—this era of cognitive dissonance. Mach Hommy, Fielded, Pink Siifu, Akai Solo, Lauren Kelly Benson (fka L’Wren) and The Funs all make guest appearances.

Edit:Just saw the tweet. Stupid cell service has been down at work today.

How'd you see this? I can't find any press releases or anything yet, or did I miss them? Surprised I can't find a single drop by now either. Here's the description for anyone interested:

On his new album, Terror Management, billy woods weaves past, present and future into a dark tableau as hilarious as it is macabre. This is a place where skeletons spill from closets, lead pours from faucets and the punchline is the whole joke. This is the sound of the police not coming, of garbage trucks in reverse, of glaciers shearing off into a black ocean. But these are also tales of perseverance, compassion and love, however quixotic. Of snatching one’s humanity from the fires that rage all about us.
Terror Management features production from Preservation, Blockhead, Willie Green, Messiah Muzik, Small Pro, ELUCID, Child Actor, Steel Tipped Dove, Uncommon Nasa, Jeff Markey and Shape. Together they create a backdrop of seamless fragmentation perfectly suited to these times—this era of cognitive dissonance. Mach Hommy, Fielded, Pink Siifu, Akai Solo, Lauren Kelly Benson (fka L’Wren) and The Funs all make guest appearances.

Edit:Just saw the tweet. Stupid cell service has been down at work today.

Got the email from backwoodz an hour ago.

Got the email from backwoodz an hour ago.
Blind buy.

You guys with in this thread with your ridiculous Mach Hommy and Griselda prices must be rubbing off on me because I'm considering the expensive one with the book.

Limited edition on the last one was an easy pass because I didn't dig the art and it didn't have anything extra.

You guys with in this thread with your ridiculous Mach Hommy and Griselda prices must be rubbing off on me because I'm considering the expensive one with the book.

Limited edition on the last one was an easy pass because I didn't dig the art and it didn't have anything extra.
Fuck it.

Most I've ever paid for an album though. 😅
I guess it should have pretty good resale but the likelihood of me selling is probably like 1%.

Billy Woods hasn’t really clicked for me. I had “History Will Absolve Me” when it came out but I really only liked about half the album. Maybe I haven’t given anything else enough listens but none of his projects since then have stuck with me.

Billy Woods hasn’t really clicked for me. I had “History Will Absolve Me” when it came out but I really only liked about half the album. Maybe I haven’t given anything else enough listens but none of his projects since then have stuck with me.
I was introduced to him through Today I Wrote Nothing and it never really clicked at the time. Glad I gave the next one a shot because I loved Known Unkowns and Hiding Places. I think the latest is his best that I've heard. He worked well with Kenny Segal.

I haven't spent much time with the back catalogue because then I'll just want it on vinyl. Hopefully he reissues History Will Absolve Me eventually.

I'm assuming he means because they are 2 songs and still cost like $30

(I'm looking at you CRIMEAPPLE 😑)

Eh, all of Alc's releases are more expensive than what people would consider standard. Also, I am pretty sure the Schoolboy Q / Alch 7" was $20 + $3 shipping so only $23 total. I get that's still pricey for a single, but that's a big difference from $30.

Eh, all of Alc's releases are more expensive than what people would consider standard. Also, I am pretty sure the Schoolboy Q / Alch 7" was $20 + $3 shipping so only $23 total. I get that's still pricey for a single, but that's a big difference from $30.
This one, which was posted about last week is $35 shipped: DjBrown13.com

Pretty sure the new CRIMEAPPLE will be the same amount.

Again, I don't think the beef is with the format, as you seemed to take it. The beef is with the cost, especially if you're a completionist. I paid over $30 for an Al.Divino 7". Was I happy about the cost? No. But I buy all of Divino's stuff. If you buy all of CRIMEAPPLE's stuff you're gonna end up spending like $70 over the course of 2 weeks for 4 tracks.

The only thing mentioned in his posts was the format, not the price. That's why it seemed like the beef was with the format. Any Alchemist release sells out in minutes so I don't really understand complaining about the price on those. For the one you posted, its still available after a week which makes me think its priced too high.

Back