Hip Hop

New JPEG is fire and I didn't like his other stuff. My AOTY at the moment. Been a great year for hip-hop.

Here are the 10 I've really dug:
  • JPEGMAFIA: All My Heroes Are Cornballs
  • Little Simz- Grey Arena
  • Freddie Gibbs: Bandana
  • Billy Woods: Hiding Places
  • Yugen Blakrok: Anima Mysterium
  • Rapsody: Eve
  • Kano: Hoodies All Summer
  • Chris Crack: Hated I Just Waited
  • Aesop Rock / Tobacco: Malibu Ken
  • Little Brother: May the Lord Watch

Last edited:
New JPEG is fire and I didn't like his other stuff. My AOTY at the moment. Been a great year for hip-hop.

Here are the 10 I've really dug:
  • JPEGMAFIA: All My Heroes Are Cornballs
  • Little Simz- Grey Arena
  • Freddie Gibbs: Bandana
  • Billy Woods: Hiding Places
  • Yugen Blakrok: Anima Mysterium
  • Rapsody: Eve
  • Kano: Hoodies All Summer
  • Chris Crack: Hated I Just Waited
  • Aesop Rock / Tobacco: Malibu Ken
  • Little Brother: May the Lord Watch

The top 4 of this list are indeed great projects.

JPEGMAFIA: All My Heroes Are Cornballs
Little Simz- Grey Arena
Freddie Gibbs: Bandana
These three are magnificent! 🔥🏆

I think Little Simz’ “Grey Area” might be my favourite hip-hop album of the year. It’s either that, or JPEGMAFIA or Tyler, The Creator! 💯

Hey if you missed out!!

Now if i can just get a re-do on The Plugs I Met.

Last edited:

Hey if you missed out!!

Have the Get on Down pressings gotten any better? I might spend money on some of their reissues but they've been pretty crappy in the past.

Seems like Tuff Kong might be repressing some things? I hope that A Friend of Ours and Omerta get repressed

Have the Get on Down pressings gotten any better? I might spend money on some of their reissues but they've been pretty crappy in the past.

Seems like Tuff Kong might be repressing some things? I hope that A Friend of Ours and Omerta get repressed

I got Mayhem Lauren - Glass from there. It was solid. IDK I just wanted a few Benny projects including The Plugs I Met. He's my favorite out of the 3. I like Conway n Westside Gunn but not enough to drop 50 an EP or 75 for an LP (and especially not at resale prices).

These three are magnificent! 🔥🏆

I think Little Simz’ “Grey Area” might be my favourite hip-hop album of the year. It’s either that, or JPEGMAFIA or Tyler, The Creator! 💯

Tylers album isn’t hip hop still but I get it. 😉 (Happy it’s one of your favorite projects, just fits more into the pop/r+b category for me.)

Last edited:
I wish they would repress Conway - GOAT ....reall sad i missed that one
They’ll probably repress that one too at some point.

I don't think anything that was released by Daupe! has been repressed. The exception being Wet Dirt that had a wide release from DJ Skizz's label.

That being said if you wait long enough pretty mush everything gets repressed unless there's old sample clearance issues.

Edit: G.O.A.T was one of the more affordable Daupe! releases 2nd hand.

Last edited:
Back