Hip Hop

I'm going to listen after work with a nice cigar full of some good good and see how I like it. I'm sure I will appreciate with a better listen. First was otw to work, second listen was through my desk speakers at work. I'll do it proper later then validate my feels with Shawn Cee's first reaction lol
Sounds like a plan.

Hey, you're not wrong, to each their own. I like the ending to Flower Boy too, so what do I know. I get why people don't on that one though.

I just purchased an OP copy of The Chronic and I feel pretty good.

giphy.gif

Awesome man!!! Show us pics when it arrives :O So lucky !

Sounds like a plan.

Hey, you're not wrong, to each their own. I like the ending to Flower Boy too, so what do I know. I get why people don't on that one though.

Indeed I just know this thing has a bunch of dense layers to the storyline so it will probably click for me just like New Magic Wand finally did! Just gotta be outside of this boring work environment

Hey Tyler, The Creator die hards -

I really like Tyler but honestly have not gotten deep into any single album. I really like the Odd Future era stuff, and I really enjoy when he is being outspoken and downright volatile. Should I be starting at Goblin and working my way towards present day? Any tips from those are better versed is well appreciated!

As always Spitta is able to put out a front-to-back fire project. I truly believe him when he says he could put out an EP a day if he really wanted to.

Now we just gotta wait for the vinyl. I almost wish he would slow up on new projects so he's forced to put Pilot Talk on vinyl.

Was there a vinyl release for that Umbrella Symphony? I didn't even realize that was a project when it came out, I thought it was just a song lol.

I thought I was close to having it all from him but I didn't grab The Stage so I'm starting to lose ground on that battle lol

Was there a vinyl release for that Umbrella Symphony? I didn't even realize that was a project when it came out, I thought it was just a song lol.

I thought I was close to having it all from him but I didn't grab The Stage so I'm starting to lose ground on that battle lol
Yep, Umbrella Symphony & The Stage are still available. For a while he just had 'Stoned Immaculate' & 'Carrollton Heist' but all of a sudden he's pumping them out. It seems like most people only go for the Alchemist produced stuff though, which are officially all released on vinyl now.

Yep, Umbrella Symphony & The Stage are still available. For a while he just had 'Stoned Immaculate' & 'Carrollton Heist' but all of a sudden he's pumping them out. It seems like most people only go for the Alchemist produced stuff though, which are officially all released on vinyl now.

Guess I should actually check out Umbrella Symphony then lol. Yeah I'm missing Stoned Immaculate (which I REALLY like that album so I have to get on this), Carrollton, and then now those 2. Carrollton I'm just assuming is pricey since it's Alc. Thanks for the links!

I really like Tyler but honestly have not gotten deep into any single album. I really like the Odd Future era stuff, and I really enjoy when he is being outspoken and downright volatile. Should I be starting at Goblin and working my way towards present day? Any tips from those are better versed is well appreciated!
@Believer101? Wouldn't recommend the latest 2 if you want volatile.

If you're planning on listening to all his albums anyway I honestly would just start at Bastard and work your way to the most recent chronologically, he's had a lot of twists and turns as an artist and listening to how he changed as he matured and branched out and tried different things is very interesting to me.

If you like the Odd Future era and are looking for a way to get into the newer stuff Wolf is probably a good listen as it has a lot of that early Tyler style but the slower moments and many production choices on the album are clearly the foundation for the RnB/Neo Soul type shit that he's been doing more recently

If we're talking what are his best albums, my ranking would be something like :
Flower Boy > Igor > Wolf > Bastard > Cherry Bomb = Goblin

(Note: I am more of a fan of his newer style. My feelings on Wolf & Bastard are mostly informed by how I feel about them when they came out, relistened to Goblin recently and didn't love the experience, and even at the time I thought it was just solid)

If you're planning on listening to all his albums anyway I honestly would just start at Bastard and work your way to the most recent chronologically, he's had a lot of twists and turns as an artist and listening to how he changed as he matured and branched out and tried different things is very interesting to me.

If you like the Odd Future era and are looking for a way to get into the newer stuff Wolf is probably a good listen as it has a lot of that early Tyler style but the slower moments and many production choices on the album are clearly the foundation for the RnB/Neo Soul type shit that he's been doing more recently

(Note: I am more of a fan of his newer style. My feelings on Wolf & Bastard are mostly informed by how I feel about them when they came out, relistened to Goblin recently and didn't love the experience, and even at the time I thought it was just solid)

Thanks a ton! I listened to Igor last night and really dug it.

I miss the 'Radical' days. I saw them right as that tape dropped, and that will always be the best rap show I've ever witnessed. Kids hanging from the ceiling chanting 'FREE EARL' and shit. It really felt like every single one of them was going to be famous at some point. I really wish Domo Genesis, Left Brain, Hodgy Beats, and some of the other guys went on to become as big as Tyler or Frank, or even Sid with The Internet.

I miss the 'Radical' days. I saw them right as that tape dropped, and that will always be the best rap show I've ever witnessed. Kids hanging from the ceiling chanting 'FREE EARL' and shit. It really felt like every single one of them was going to be famous at some point. I really wish Domo Genesis, Left Brain, Hodgy Beats, and some of the other guys went on to become as big as Tyler or Frank, or even Sid with The Internet.

Yeah Radical was what put me on, saw em the first time a couple months after that tape dropped then a few months later again on my 18th birthday, first gig was at a festival so was fun and lively enough, but the second gig was fucking wild, almost scary at times haha. I get what you mean, I was convinced at the time Mike G was gonna be big 😄 though to be fair Domo's done fairly well for himself too

Listen to the Trilogy in order. Since u get to cheat now I would!!!! Wolf>Bastard>Goblin then Cherry Bomb, Flower Boy and Igor. Wolf actually was released third but is the prequel to Bastard

As always Spitta is able to put out a front-to-back fire project. I truly believe him when he says he could put out an EP a day if he really wanted to.

Now we just gotta wait for the vinyl. I almost wish he would slow up on new projects so he's forced to put Pilot Talk on vinyl.

Man I'm still salty that Pilot Talk got removed from Black Friday Record Store Day last year. I was so ready for that!!!!

Back