Hip Hop

Was surprised that clear was the most limited. I just went with the marbled one because it looked cooler.

I did. Someone on the MMG instagram account DMd me after a comment I left. I don’t know if that sped anything up. I do have another order with them that I have also heard nothing about. It really kills any of the excitement I had about these releases.
Cheers for that, I might sign up to insta and see if that helps get some response. I’ve rinsed the album to the point that if I ever do get it they‘ll be no excitement spinning it.

Cheers for that, I might sign up to insta and see if that helps get some response. I’ve rinsed the album to the point that if I ever do get it they‘ll be no excitement spinning it.

Same. I mean the vinyl sounded great but I’ve already played it so much that when it finally showed up I was just more relieved that I didn’t have to deal with it anymore.

I wasnt super familiar with them and streamed some stuff since yall posted about that set.. now its sold out allready

I wasnt super familiar with them and streamed some stuff since yall posted about that set.. now its sold out allready
Would still recommend picking up Live From the Dentist Office at the very least. That one is more traditional straight forward hip hop then they got a little weird and more abstract with each subsequent release.

Less than 5 minutes and there was a slight delay on the drop. I'm sure Instagram comments are losing their shit
Can confirm. Mostly positive but then you get the odd person throwing shade at the group. It was a little odd that they didn’t limit to 1pp though

Can confirm. Mostly positive but then you get the odd person throwing shade at the group. It was a little odd that they didn’t limit to 1pp though

Yeah, seems more positive than I expected. Seeing recent comments there's a lot of "I don't get paid until __ " style comments, or "limit to 1 per person, please."

Looks like it was a 2 person limit though, so it's not like people were buying 5 or 10 copies, at least. Both groups and fans seem to underestimated demand. Anyone who isn't used to scooping shit quick on these type of drops will always blame bots or something, but a lot of people just want this. With these being already produced and available in advance, the group has to make a guess on how much to invest up front while considering the price point and, if they aren't limited enough, then the urgency to buy them isn't the same and they might be sitting on inventory.

I think the responses are a little more positive with the individual Live From The Dentist Office and Floss LPs being available. It's a good move since those have been in demand and a lot of fans couldn't swing the box right now anyway.

Yeah, seems more positive than I expected. Seeing recent comments there's a lot of "I don't get paid until __ " style comments, or "limit to 1 per person, please."

Looks like it was a 2 person limit though, so it's not like people were buying 5 or 10 copies, at least. Both groups and fans seem to underestimated demand. Anyone who isn't used to scooping shit quick on these type of drops will always blame bots or something, but a lot of people just want this. With these being already produced and available in advance, the group has to make a guess on how much to invest up front while considering the price point and, if they aren't limited enough, then the urgency to buy them isn't the same and they might be sitting on inventory.

I think the responses are a little more positive with the individual Live From The Dentist Office and Floss LPs being available. It's a good move since those have been in demand and a lot of fans couldn't swing the box right now anyway.
Yeah, there's 2900 left of Floss and 1600 left of Dentist Office so those were probably limited to 5k and enough for most fans to think they got to participate in the drop.

Yeah, there's 2900 left of Floss and 1600 left of Dentist Office so those were probably limited to 5k and enough for most fans to think they got to participate in the drop.

Plus the self titled is still easy to grab cheap and Phoenix was recent enough -- complete with 2nd press restock -- that they aren't rereleasing that invidually again. DILIS is probably the biggest miss without the box.

Plus the self titled is still easy to grab cheap and Phoenix was recent enough -- complete with 2nd press restock -- that they aren't rereleasing that invidually again. DILIS is probably the biggest miss without the box.
^ This 100%

Its weird watching the comments and someone bitching about phoenix and not being able to get it.
They did 3 presses of that shit + its not that high on discogs.

Guess they are significantly more popular then we give them credit for

This has to be listed wrong… $14 signed

Back