Hip Hop

Alt cover back in stock

has this been posted ?

Oldhead doing my ATT install this morning heard me bumping Moment of Truth and told me I'm not old enough to be listening to that 😂 the dude met black thought once! I turned him on to Ka, Roc Marci, and Mach Hommy because he said there are no lyricists anymore. Good suggestions?

Triz physicals coming Monday!

Triz physicals coming Monday!

Has anyone got the mugs from the last sale? I’m assuming that’s why I still haven’t gotten my cassette bundle

Did Rome Streetz not drop his new album on Tidal? I can not find it on there at all under him as an artist or under Big Ghost Ltd. I don't like it enough to buy the vinyl, but would love to at least have access to it.

I love old heads and this TERRIBLE hot take. And I say that as an old head. They truly out themselves when they say that.

I saw a post on Instagram a while back quoting someone, maybe Pete Rock*, basically saying the same thing about no good rappers these days. In the comments though, Yasiin Bey was disagreeing and naming dudes like Navy Blue, Earl Sweatshirt and some others. Made me happy to see a legend respecting some newer talent.

*don’t quote me on that I really don’t remember who exactly

I saw a post on Instagram a while back quoting someone, maybe Pete Rock*, basically saying the same thing about no good rappers these days. In the comments though, Yasiin Bey was disagreeing and naming dudes like Navy Blue, Earl Sweatshirt and some others. Made me happy to see a legend respecting some newer talent.

*don’t quote me on that I really don’t remember who exactly
Plus it's SO much harder to stand out these days. The genre is mature and more mainstream, music is more accessible than ever, and being original is harder than ever with most things being tried or said already. If anything, I find the new school to be more diverse, and talented lyrically while exploring sounds that are way more unique.

Plus it's SO much harder to stand out these days. The genre is mature and more mainstream, music is more accessible than ever, and being original is harder than ever with most things being tried or said already. If anything, I find the new school to be more diverse, and talented lyrically while exploring sounds that are way more unique.
I feel so crazy when I try to get stuff like this across in discussions with folks that seem to be stuck in the 90s. This post just made my day lol

I love my 90s hip hop just as much as the next man, if not more. But I also have a lot of artists and albums from the past several years that I love just as much if not more than my favorites from then.

It's wild to me how many folks seem to struggle with the idea of this lol

I mean I get where OG was coming from. Yes it's silly/ignorant to make statements like "there are no lyricists anymore" if you're not someone who is putting the time in to seek out the underground, but mans was probably 40 and had kids so probably just hears what his kids play or is on Atlanta radio (ass) or Chicago radio (ass-drill) where he recently moved from. However guys like Pete Rock who gun after the current generation know better and should definitely get checked.. bitch are you a golden era producer or DJ Akademics coming with that take??

Anyway I sent Darren Amethyst from Roc's best album Behold a Dark Horse and he recanted 😆

Did Rome Streetz not drop his new album on Tidal? I can not find it on there at all under him as an artist or under Big Ghost Ltd. I don't like it enough to buy the vinyl, but would love to at least have access to it.
Idk about tidal but you could (a) YouTube or (b) download it from soulseek and import it into your local tidal library.

Option b would make it searchable/playable offline in tidal but would have to be on the device, AFAIK.

Looking like only black vinyl varieties for everything other than 3 ft. So stoked to finally be able to have their initial four album run on vinyl though.

I can't believe that tomorrow is the day that De La FINALLY gets their day in the sun and have all their music available openly to the world on streaming services. Insane that it's taken this long for this to happen and fuck Tommy Boy being the reason. Me Myself and I was THE song that got me hooked on hip-hop for life. I went through multiple tapes of 3 Ft as I wore them out in my yellow Sony Walkman Sport with the reverse switch so I didn't have to flip the tape over as I mowed the various lawns that I did as a kid. Super stoked to go back and binge all of those albums for the next several weeks! Just a major bummer that Dave left us right as they are about to cross the finish line.

EDIT: Buhloone is now also up for pre order.

Back