Hip Hop

It's up!

That shit went from being half in stock to nothing. Fuck peoples paydays and stuff lol. Trickle them out for full price over the next couple months…
At this point I don't understand the limited quantities. There is enough demand for these underground releases to sell ample copies without relying on scalpers to help sell them out initially, as was the business model for Daupe, DRW etc for the first few years of this shit. That's the whole reason shit is numbered. But circa 2020/2021 all of these artists are popular enough to move units even without the "help" of scalpers buying up lots of copies just bc they're limited/numbered. Open preorders are the way! I thought after ALC did POTIC deluxe as an open preorders that would become the norm

Four black copies back in stock

Not that he wasn't elite already, but it's cool watching him grow just like Benny and Conway. I wasn't born til 94 so by the time I was following rap there wasn't much too follow. Kendrick is the first artist I remember following from mixtapes to AAA level and I was amazed to watch him grow, now I feel like we're getting to see that with lots of underground artists. Glad the community (us vinyl nerds included) have helped support these artists who otherwise realistically would've gotten to drop a couple times then faded if it didn't sell for the label.

has this been posted ?

Last edited:
Back