Hip Hop

Dont wanna shit on anyone for buying it but I am so happy I didn't pull the trigger on that Director's Cut Bandana... the alt art is really cool but if I'd spent the bones of 90 euro including shipping on that and found out the beats and everything were basically the same I'd be very annoyed at myself haha, I was very close to doing it at some moments of weakness (alcohol was involved)

Also this is a pretty interesting release, heard it a couple weeks back and meant to post it but forgot, it's Memphis Rap meets dungeon synth made by a Ukranian teen and I'm liking it a lot, it's in my top 10 AOTY at the moment. Been getting gassed up on various parts of the internet so I'm sure some here have heard it already

Dont wanna shit on anyone for buying it but I am so happy I didn't pull the trigger on that Director's Cut Bandana... the alt art is really cool but if I'd spent the bones of 90 euro including shipping on that and found out the beats and everything were basically the same I'd be very annoyed at myself haha, I was very close to doing it at some moments of weakness (alcohol was involved)

Also this is a pretty interesting release, heard it a couple weeks back and meant to post it but forgot, it's Memphis Rap meets dungeon synth made by a Ukranian teen and I'm liking it a lot, it's in my top 10 AOTY at the moment. Been getting gassed up on various parts of the internet so I'm sure some here have heard it already

No vinyl tho..

Might be hard to give this a listen if you're not going to stream it haha (can confirm that cassette has been a real motherfucker to track down)

is he anti-vinyl ? i get what he is doing with the cassettes seems how he idolizes the old scene but we needs that vinyl ;)

Vinyl is spendy af. you can get hundreds of tapes or cds for a couple hundred bucks. couple hundred records will cost you thousands.

This is why im such a big fan of qrates and the upcoming bandcamp vinyl stuff.

But they need to do more to promote so these little artist actually know wtf it is

This is why im such a big fan of qrates and the upcoming bandcamp vinyl stuff.

But they need to do more to promote so these little artist actually know wtf it is

not really a fan of qrates for the same reason i wasn't a fan of buying cdrs off of corner rappers 20 years ago. I actually told a bunch of them 'if you don't believe enough in your music to press it up, why should anyone else?' ... that's how i feel about artists that rely on qrates/preorders/bandcamp nowadays too. its some sucka shit.

Vinyl is spendy af. you can get hundreds of tapes or cds for a couple hundred bucks. couple hundred records will cost you thousands.
not really a fan of qrates for the same reason i wasn't a fan of buying cdrs off of corner rappers 20 years ago. I actually told a bunch of them 'if you don't believe enough in your music to press it up, why should anyone else?' ... that's how i feel about artists that rely on qrates/preorders/bandcamp nowadays too. its some sucka shit.

Like ur boy over at the SIC Records bandcamp that does 3 preorders to get the money to press 1 or 2 albums. Then throw up some more pre-orders to get the rest done! hahaha

Like ur boy over at the SIC Records bandcamp that does 3 preorders to get the money to press 1 or 2 albums. Then throw up some more pre-orders to get the rest done! hahaha

Exactly. He got exactly one pre-order outta me and that is supposed to ship this week. If i don't get a shipping notice this week, PayPal will get my money for me.

Doh. Didn't even know this existed until right now and now I really want it...I always miss out on the Rappcats stuff even though I'm on their mailing list and everything.

It's really good. Honestly, this ain't no hot-take-type-take.. I really think Alex Goose's production is doper than Madlibs on this.

It's really good. Honestly, this ain't no hot-take-type-take.. I really think Alex Goose's production is doper than Madlibs on this.
Yea--it's pretty amazing. I don't think it's a hot-take. Sucks that the price is so high on discogs now though! Highest sold is $67, which I would gladly pay but now there are only 2 international copies for $140+. I get that it was very limited though.

Back