Hip Hop

Was anyone still looking for Black on Both Sides? I feel like I remember people wanting this?

Man this Goodie Mobb "Soul Food" may be my best sounding hip hop vinyl. The bass absolutely knocks without muddying the vocals. The vocals just float above the instruments, so clear even with everything cranked up loud. Incredible separation, detail, and dynamics.

Makes me consider ponying up for some other vmp releases, can anyone speak to the quality of their various Outkast releases or 36 Chambers?

Goodie Mob is one of the best sounding HH they've done. They have a number that are probably the best available versions including Biggie, Southernplaya, Low End Theory, Man on the Moon, and even the War Report.

Goodie Mob is one of the best sounding HH they've done. They have a number that are probably the best available versions including Biggie, Southernplaya, Low End Theory, Man on the Moon, and even the War Report.
Is War Report any different than the splatter one that got a wide release?

I totally forgot that my old Ready to Die is VMP too, and Donuts, both excellent presses. VMP's MotM sounded the same as my old standard copy so I wasn't sure if it was worth the upgrade for the Outkast albums. I've got the Newbury Comics versions of all their albums, pretty average pressings.

Man this Goodie Mobb "Soul Food" may be my best sounding hip hop vinyl. The bass absolutely knocks without muddying the vocals. The vocals just float above the instruments, so clear even with everything cranked up loud. Incredible separation, detail, and dynamics.

Makes me consider ponying up for some other vmp releases, can anyone speak to the quality of their various Outkast releases or 36 Chambers?
Southernplaya defintiely sounds better than the standard black widespread pressing. It's also the only edition that is a truly complete version on vinyl. I don't know if I'd take a chance on the VMP ATLiens though as that pressing had wide spread issues. It only took me 3 chances to get a clean copy. 36 Chambers will never sound amazing, but their 36 Chambers absolutely sounds better than all the other copies from what I've heard, and is definitely better than the OG that I have. But again, 36 Chambers was also pretty well known to have GZ issues so buying a copy is a dice roll as well unfortunately.

Doggystyle.

Back