Hip Hop

For those that went to the Bronson/Earl/Boldy/Al concert, did you take anything to get signed?...Any advice if I did want to take anything to get autographed?
@Rip_City might have some ideas for you .

You could use the packaging from the record i sent you 😂
Thank you for tagging me, @BazookaTooth.

@mitchplease, yes I brought both my The Price of Tea in China and Manger on McNichols (both jackets and records) to the venue I saw Boldy James perform. I should also add that the venue in question was < 300 capacity, don't know of how large the venue is where you'll be.

Like you would with shipping an unsealed record(s), I placed the records with inners outside of the jacket within outer sleeves and placed them in a shoulder strap bag just the right size for carrying records. I also reinforced both sides of the records with 12" x 12" corrugated cardboard filler squares for further protection. Some pictures for clarity:

16460814407305998985103916844313.jpg16460816774779171274223405160596.jpg

Oh, and it goes without saying to bring along your own Sharpies/permanent markers. No one thought to bring any except me when I went, but I was patient/courteous enough to have other concertgoers' records be signed before I could get my Sharpie back. Boldy's son signed as well.

@mitchplease, yes I brought both my The Price of Tea in China and Manger on McNichols (both jackets and records) to the venue I saw Boldy James perform. I should also add that the venue in question was < 300 capacity, don't know of how large the venue is where you'll be.

Like you would with shipping an unsealed record(s), I placed the records with inners outside of the jacket within outer sleeves and placed them in a shoulder strap bag just the right size for carrying records. I also reinforced both sides of the records with 12" x 12" corrugated cardboard filler squares for further protection. Some pictures for clarity:

View attachment 130626View attachment 130627

Oh, and it goes without saying to bring along your own Sharpies/permanent markers. No one thought to bring any except me when I went, but I was patient/courteous enough to have other concertgoers' records be signed before I could get my Sharpie back. Boldy's son signed as well.
wouldnt you just leave the actual vinyl at home ?

View attachment 130626View attachment 130627

You are seriously the best and thank you for the advice! Pretty sure I have a similar tote bag so I'll have to find that before Thursday. But glad to know this is a safe method of carrying them! I was most likely going to do something like this, and honestly didn't even think of those cardboard filler pieces. Congrats on the signatures too, definitely adds a nice touch to the jackets 😄

That's what I did when I got my Covert Coup signed by Currensy. Felt way more comfortable just keeping it at home, but to each their own 🍻

(I also was able to meet him before the show and went back to my car to put the signed jacket back so I didn't have to hold onto it in the crowd)

You can do that as well, sure.

Since these jackets were not tip-on sleeves, I felt they were too flimsy on their own. I went to see Circuit Des Yeux yesterday (not hip hop related) to get records signed and the LPs of all her albums have tip-on sleeves, so I left the records at home for that instance.

You can do that as well, sure.

Since these jackets were not tip-on sleeves, I felt they were too flimsy on their own. I went to see Circuit Des Yeux yesterday (not hip hop related) to get records signed and the LPs of all her albums have tip-on sleeves, so I left the records at home for that instance.

You can always slide the correct sized filler pad inside the sleeve to reinforce them, as another option. I think I did that with my Czarface and Stephen Malkmus records

These used to be $30 now he’s charging $40. Gonna have to think if I really need this or not.

I started to realize this vinyl bubble is gonna pop sooner rather than later given the current climate and have chose to start rethinking on my "insta buys"

I just got an order from Frank's vinyl and couldn't remember what it was. It turns out that it's the Starker Mothra LP that I ordered way back when I had a surgery last year. Frank's has fucked up pretty hard in the past, but my wife went into labor with our son while we were watching a Mothra marathon, so I have a soft spot for the kaiju and things related to it.

It took forever, but it appears to be in good shape. The thing is, something looked wrong. I didn't think I ordered this cover, but since I was still high on anesthesia at the time, I checked. NOPE! They gave me the correct OBI, but it's on the wrong sleeve. This combo wasn't even an option. Time to bag it up. These cats still can't get it right.

I’m with you on that bro. After shipping this is going to be a $46 7” at retail price.
Probably over $60 for me with shipping to the Uk I'd imagine. Last 7" I got was Dropout Boogie at nearly $20 shipping and that's another thing long overdue.
It's a dope track but not $60 dope.

Last edited:
Back