Hip Hop

100 copies left

Who knows if itll get restocked. If you on the fence well u better jump now.

100 copies left

Who knows if itll get restocked. If you on the fence well u better jump now.

SmartSelect_20211130-210332_Instagram.jpg

People just missing out.
Their loss really.

I'm so excited for this Vz its probably the most fun matchup for me.
The last one I really loved was the DJ Premier Vs RZA.
A lot of shit Vz but when they get it right they get it right.

Does anyone know what's coming out after 36vBone?
I'm not sure but if the merch they are peddling is an indicator they keep showing all 5 Bone members and Juicy/Paul so maybe that? Paul/Juicy are basically locks I would assume but all 5 Bone seems super ambitious lol

How is their sound more genuinely liked by broader audience? Three 6 Mafia's sound has been ripped off so much that DJ Paul is literally producing for most of the big time artists today
While this is absolutely true, I don't think the average Hip-Hop listener has any historical perspective that a lot of what they listen to nowadays came from 3 6 and their sound. Bone definitely had wider mass appeal than 3 6 during their collective heyday. Record sales kind of back that up too. I do think that in the long run 3 6 has had much more staying power though.

While this is absolutely true, I don't think the average Hip-Hop listener has any historical perspective that a lot of what they listen to nowadays came from 3 6 and their sound. Bone definitely had wider mass appeal than 3 6 during their collective heyday. Record sales kind of back that up too. I do think that in the long run 3 6 has had much more staying power though.

I feel like I tried to address that, already. I think we're discussing two different things and, possibly, viewing this from different angles.

What I was responding to is someone claiming that Bone will "win" because "their sound" is "genuinely liked by a broader audience." What you're referencing here seems more focused on the past and record sales from the past. I'm not sure what constitutes "winning," or focusing on who had the most mainstream radio hits 25 years ago, but I'd argue that the average Hip-Hop listener "nowadays," doesn't know shit about 25 years ago, anyway. So, if we're taking a younger generation and playing unfamiliar music to them from 2 groups, but one group is performing tracks that sound like what they listen to now, right down to directly identifiable samples, styles, cadences, and references... this is really more about what we're measuring and how we're measuring it. Plus, "their sound" has been proven to appeal to a broad audience, because IT IS appealing to a broad audience, presently, whereas, I don't think the average listener is following Bone Thugs too closely in 2021.

My comments aren't coming from as much of a historical perspective as someone who is "older," but as someone considering my age and knowing who would have won with a mainstream crowd 25 years ago. Bone would have. What I'm trying to take into account is what's actually relevant to a new generation TODAY and considering how much relevance that past would really play here. These kids might know "Crossroads" from their parents. What else? Paul is straight up producing Cardi B tracks. Aside from Paul's production work on Scorpion, Juicy J and Project Pat were in a Drake video. "No Friends In The Industry," from Certified Lover Boy even has a straight up Three 6 sample in it, clear as day. Juicy was featured on a Kay Perry song, along with its video.

So, what I'm basically questioning here is if the "average Hip-Hop listener" is going to be more aware of Juicy J when he steps out on stage, or Flesh-N-Bone. From a historical perspective, has Three 6 proven that their significance rivals Bone Thugs? I think most of us would agree with that. But, if we're talking record sales backing up anything, I'd say that the genuine appeal of the Three 6 "sound," -- which is what was mentioned and what I was responding to -- has, at this point, done a number in record sales. It's still selling. Like you're saying, historical perspective might not be as important to most people because, if it was, we'd be discussing who was more relevant when they had their initial beef in the 90s.

I think this is a great VERZUZ and I'm happy to see it come together. I just don't buy the idea that Bone Thugs are going to come out and smash Three 6 with radio bangers and they aren't going to be able to connect with the audience, because they're "too underground" or something. That's not who they've been forever.

Crunchy Black involved. Looks like Bone Thugs is 5 deep

Wow. (Even more hyped for that Vz now haha)

Not surprised.

mOvOcm8.jpg

ZGwNgAd.jpg

XUXAuaX.jpg

Lets have it @Jonathan Y are you 0.01%?

Last edited:
These kids might know "Crossroads" from their parents. What else?
Thuggish Ruggish, 1st of the Month and Foe the Love of $ as well if they know Crossroads.
So, what I'm basically questioning here is if the "average Hip-Hop listener" is going to be more aware of Juicy J when he steps out on stage, or Flesh-N-Bone.
Maybe not Flesh-N-Bone but certainly Bizzy and Krayzie
What I was responding to is someone claiming that Bone will "win" because "their sound" is "genuinely liked by a broader audience."
Bone has 800K more monthly listeners on Spotify. I would presume that gap holds true on other streaming services as well.
I don't think the average listener is following Bone Thugs too closely in 2021.
I don't think the average listener follows either group too closely. I think most Verzuz are catered to the older Hip-Hop fans with the hopes that some of the younger crowd gets exposure to acts they aren't necessarily familiar with and then they get more spins on streaming services.

Thuggish Ruggish, 1st of the Month and Foe the Love of $ as well if they know Crossroads.

Maybe not Flesh-N-Bone but certainly Bizzy and Krayzie

Bone has 800K more monthly listeners on Spotify. I would presume that gap holds true on other streaming services as well.

I don't think the average listener follows either group too closely. I think most Verzuz are catered to the older Hip-Hop fans with the hopes that some of the younger crowd gets exposure to acts they aren't necessarily familiar with and then they get more spins on streaming services.

Okay..

I feel like we're not even having the same conversation, but that's cool. I was addressing something very specific that Believer said and I'll leave it there.

Back