Hip Hop

Did any of you see the Wu Tang show season 1 that was out on Hulu? I enjoyed it and season 2 comes out next month and a trailer just dropped-

Loved season one and learning how they all came together. Super stoked for season two! So glad it got a second season. My username is a play on Raekwon's lyric let's go ahead and walk these dogs and represent Wu.

speaking of Buff Daddy am I the only one surprised that WSG hasn't announced his own vinyl manufacturing venture after what Muggs and Flee did?

PXFR, Pressed by Fashion Rebels

I'm not really surprised, actually. W$G couldn't even ship me my P4H print without letting UPS steal it. He opened the Buffalo Kids gallery, but it seems like a different beast than a pressing plant. Imagine answering questions from vinyl collectors about defects and delays after so many years of dealing with people on IG who start demanding to know where their t-shirts are 10 minutes after placing their orders.

Plus, he doesn't release much vinyl on his own and everything he does seems very Griselda focused. I get the feeling he wouldn't want to fuck with putting out the projects of outsiders he isn't directly inolved in. He'd rather just splash paint on jeans. We'd wind up with the unplayable "Rebirth" variants that he flings tempera paint all over.

Maybe if Drum Work and B$F weren't trying so hard to go in their own direction it would feel different. But who knows, maybe he would do something like that if it felt flashy/sexy/baller enough of an enterprise.

Last edited:
i dont get this either. i mean Cypress Hill were huge , there shouldnt be any doubt he could afford that thing unless he has been very stupid with his money in the past.

Cypress Hill and House Of Pain were both huge. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, Muggs produced tracks like "Jump Around" and "Check Yo'self." Soul Assassins has been around for 30 years and he's still active. Anyone that's giving this dude $50 to $200 for a single LP every other month shouldn't be surprised he has money. He has YOUR money.

What? Most of the group was represented and it was about how they were formed. They've already shown all 9 members are represented this season.

yes there were separate members but not really the group. I’m looking forward to seeing that dynamic

if you find yourself near San Antonio between now and November and you're a fan of the chopped n throwed Houston scene, there's a great DJ Screw exhibit that is free to visit.

features:
original art from Texans inspired by the Screwed Up Click, the city of Houston, and the culture
audio journey of chopped and screwed sampling
Screw artifacts- family photos, old flyers, record store receipts, tracklists for tapes, etc.

001151F2-6F7F-4DA9-8D59-0829531D0587.jpgFEBCDEC3-4071-4E52-874D-71C37307BA70.JPG46F82CDE-EE06-4912-B66F-4FAE075B5188.JPG91306433-7321-42C8-BE76-35B7F41D4703 2.jpg
he would have been 50 in July.

if you find yourself near San Antonio between now and November and you're a fan of the chopped n throwed Houston scene, there's a great DJ Screw exhibit that is free to visit.

features:
original art from Texans inspired by the Screwed Up Click, the city of Houston, and the culture
audio journey of chopped and screwed sampling
Screw artifacts- family photos, old flyers, record store receipts, tracklists for tapes, etc.

View attachment 108038View attachment 108039View attachment 108040View attachment 108041

That is really awesome! Glad they doing that.
Was they a lot of people at it when u went?

That is really awesome! Glad they doing that.
Was they a lot of people at it when u went?
just me and my friend and the docent downstairs. it's a great gallery, but with limited long-run exhibits so it is never crowded except for opening week. this launched last week and I went today a couple hours before they closed.

it was nice being alone since I could throw on the headphones from the audio/video area and wear them while I walked through the rest of it without worrying about others wanting them.

yes there were separate members but not really the group. I’m looking forward to seeing that dynamic
Season one wasn't really about the group though. It's the origin story of how they came together and how Rza made that vision happen. This season is about them breaking out and actually becoming Wu-Tang. I think everyone other than Masta Killa and U God was accounted for in season one and now all 9 members will be there.

Season one wasn't really about the group though. It's the origin story of how they came together and how Rza made that vision happen. This season is about them breaking out and actually becoming Wu-Tang. I think everyone other than Masta Killa and U God was accounted for in season one and now all 9 members will be there.

Joey Bada$$ is gone this season. Someone else is playing Deck

Read this shit

@Lee Newman we might actually see a Stakes Is High reissue in our lifetime

Looks like it's time to start saving now for what's going to be a must buy. I figure they are going to press the a fuck ton, if they do, since so many people have been waiting for this day forever. Can't wait to have it all streamable too!!

Looks like it's time to start saving now for what's going to be a must buy. I figure they are going to press the a fuck ton, if they do, since so many people have been waiting for this day forever. Can't wait to have it all streamable too!!
That'd be nice. I got 3 ft from VMP but disappointingly missed Buhloone (should have swapped for that instead of Soul Food) and Is Dead so I'd be down to grab those plus Stakes from them.

Though I think I pre-ordered that Is Dead from someplace when it went up but assume that'll still be just lacing Tommy Boys pockets?

That'd be nice. I got 3 ft from VMP but disappointingly missed Buhloone (should have swapped for that instead of Soul Food) and Is Dead so I'd be down to grab those plus Stakes from them.

Though I think I pre-ordered that Is Dead from someplace when it went up but assume that'll still be just lacing Tommy Boys pockets?
Yeah. Those recent releases of 3ft and Is Dead will definitely be lacing TB's pockets. It was clearly a last ditch effort to profit before they sold the rights off. I'll be glad to have them, but am absolutely going to be buying from De La the moment they make them available directly assuming they do.

Back