The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Lions fans are calling for Holmes' job. Two weeks ago they loved him. I get it, we've been down forever and it seems like a head scratcher...but I won't judge until I see the team they put on the field, and the results, in September. If it doesn't work, oh man, we are in for a long autumn.
I'm not really panicking, because there is still a bunch of 1st round talent on the board, and we have three 2nd round picks. While everyone is knocking their picks, listening to Holmes' presser after the fact, it seems they are convinced they picked the best players on their board at that time.

I'm not really panicking, because there is still a bunch of 1st round talent on the board, and we have three 2nd round picks. While everyone is knocking their picks, listening to Holmes' presser after the fact, it seems they are convinced they picked the best players on their board at that time.
I just read Birkett's article that had clips from it. Holmes is convinced, and he's been correct on most of his other picks so far. Definitely not going to panic either.

Problem is if they wanted a top tier sure bet Runningback they coulda just drafted Bijan Robinson instead of moving back. If Gibbs turns into Kamera (or heck even Pacheco) and Detroit wins the division no one is often gonna care but if Gibbs is a bust and/or their Defense is a civ, Lions fans are gonna be supremely disappointed.

They already had Swift and a recently signed David Montgomery on the roster so RB just didn’t feel like a place of need.
I think Swift gets dealt. Holmes has ditched most of the last regime's guys. If not, then I'm way more baffled about their backfield plans.
A called on local sports radio was ready to jump off a clip. He went from them winning the division and going deep, to missing the playoffs because they didn't take Jalen Carter. People get too worked up about these mocks...it's not like the average Joe is doing even 10% of the work the scouts and brass put in.

I think Swift gets dealt. Holmes has ditched most of the last regime's guys. If not, then I'm way more baffled about their backfield plans.
A called on local sports radio was ready to jump off a clip. He went from them winning the division and going deep, to missing the playoffs because they didn't take Jalen Carter. People get too worked up about these mocks...it's not like the average Joe is doing even 10% of the work the scouts and brass put in.
Yeah it’s a crapshoot regardless,
of The Bears last 5 first round picks the only one still on the roster is Fields
E6DEDD04-858F-4B46-912F-926DD7ABEFD1.jpeg

They already had Swift and a recently signed David Montgomery on the roster so RB just didn’t feel like a place of need.
Part of his appeal is said to be his effectiveness as a pass-catcher, which is at least a temporary need with Williams suspended. We seem to be in win now mode, which I'm not used to as a Lions fan. Hoping for less reaching today though as there are a lot of good players on the board.

Part of his appeal is said to be his effectiveness as a pass-catcher, which is at least a temporary need with Williams suspended. We seem to be in win now mode, which I'm not used to as a Lions fan. Hoping for less reaching today though as there are a lot of good players on the board.
Yeah and you guys have a bunch of picks still.

I'm whelmed by the Bengals pick. Yes, a good pass rusher was a defensive need, but I thought CB was a bigger need. I hope we get a RT, CB, or RB in round 2. A TE would be nice as well, but I don't want to reach given our other needs.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Packers draft so far. Van Ness seems like a beast. Unsure if Rashan Gary will be 100% to start the season, so he may have to step in there right away. Eventually Van Ness, and Gary on each side could be scary. Then some offensive weapons in the 2nd.

Lions traded Swift (former Georgia Bulldog) to The Eagles for a 4th round pick next year. So maybe there was a method to the Lions madness after all (still took Gibbs too early).
We upgraded our running back room across the board behind what should still be a great OL. I liked Swift, but he was sadly too injury-prone.

I think the Bears won the Schedule Release video this year amongst NFC North teams with their homage to The Bear.

The Vikings Drone video is cool and if it's revealed that this video was shot in a single take non-CGI assisted video it would probably rival the Bears due to the technical prowess.

Packers infomercial is fun but goes on way too long.

I am not on Discord and haven't played a Madden game in at least 20 years so maybe The Lions video is great if you're familiar with those things.

The Washington Commanders video is chocked full wonderfully weird AI, I am here for it.

The Eagles video is fun but having a bunch of cute puppers is almost cheating.

The Cowboys/Yellowstone release was okay considering how much I hate The Cowboys and have never seen a minute of a Taylor Sheridan show. They coulda done a better job incorporating the actual schedule.

The Giants Escape Room reveal is pretty lame.

The Dolphins Movie Preview was really well done.

The Bills was goofy fun!

The Pats video is decent but it is a bit of rip off of those NCAA Nissan "Heisman House" commercials but not as good.

I don't really get the Jets video, I think the guy is dong a bit of a trick where he is shown an image for a second and has to ID the city but its hard to follow and not all that entertaining.

Back