The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I saw that. You guy plan on fielding a team this year? Love to Watson is gonna have to beat a lot of double coverage next season.
Can only hope for the best. Defense is legit, running backs are legit, and an exciting returner. Still need to see what we get from the Jets, but if we can sign a good veteran receiver, and another weapon in the draft I think we are alright there. Could just use a big run stuffer in the middle, and some OL depth and we've got a decent team. Then it all pretty much depends on how quick Love can catch on if at all. Who knows!

Are there any Jets fans on the forum?
I'm curious as to how the average fan feels about Rodgers (likely) heading to the NYJ.
I can’t speak for Jets fans but as a Bears fan I am good with all of this.

Ultimately, I don’t think this will be a successful tenure. I think it will take at least a year to get acclimated and Rodgers isn’t getting any younger.

I think the smarter move would have been for The Jets to trade for Lamar Jackson. If he stays healthy at 26 years of age, Jackson can be more productive with less talented skilled position players over the next 4 or 5 years and when pair with the Jets young and talented defense. You could be making playoff pushes for the next few years. Unfortunately, The Jets already kinda sold by acquiring Rodgers old (and terrible) OC that I don’t think there is any turning back at this point.

I can’t speak for Jets fans but as a Bears fan I am good with all of this.

Ultimately, I don’t think this will be a successful tenure. I think it will take at least a year to get acclimated and Rodgers isn’t getting any younger.

I think the smarter move would have been for The Jets to trade for Lamar Jackson. If he stays healthy at 26 years of age, Jackson can be more productive with less talented skilled position players over the next 4 or 5 years and when pair with the Jets young and talented defense. You could be making playoff pushes for the next few years. Unfortunately, The Jets already kinda sold by acquiring Rodgers old (and terrible) OC that I don’t think there is any turning back at this point.
Yep, good points, I agree. Plus there's just........baggage with Rodgers. NY media might be rougher on him than GB was as well.
And still the deal still not in place with the Jets, I'd be nervous as a fan. The dude could still just retire. He was quoted as saying before he 'went dark' he was 90% decided to retire.

Sports radio around here has so many callers wanting Lamar in Detroit, personally I'm good with Goff another year.

Yep, good points, I agree. Plus there's just........baggage with Rodgers. NY media might be rougher on him than GB was as well.
And still the deal still not in place with the Jets, I'd be nervous as a fan. The dude could still just retire. He was quoted as saying before he 'went dark' he was 90% decided to retire.

Sports radio around here has so many callers wanting Lamar in Detroit, personally I'm good with Goff another year.
See, IMO. I think the 2 number one draft picks as compensation is a lot but The Lions feel like they are heading in the right direction towards the playoffs and have a ton of extra picks this year. They likely won’t be drafting early in the next couple draft anyhow meaning they won’t be in position to grab a potentially elite QB in the near future unless shit really hits the fan. So if you did trade for Lamar, stock up on talent in this draft maybe and those late round picks are not worth that much over the next couple years anyways. If Jackson stays healthy in a wide open NFC you would have to say The Lions would be dark horse Super Bowl contenders for next year.

See, IMO. I think the 2 number one draft picks as compensation is a lot but The Lions feel like they are heading in the right direction towards the playoffs and have a ton of extra picks this year. They likely won’t be drafting early in the next couple draft anyhow meaning they won’t be in position to grab a potentially elite QB in the near future unless shit really hits the fan. So if you did trade for Lamar, stock up on talent in this draft maybe and those late round picks are not worth that much over the next couple years anyways. If Jackson stays healthy in a wide open NFC you would have to say The Lions would be dark horse Super Bowl contenders for next year.
I get that, but the dude hasn't played a full year since I think 2020. And the OC (who decided to stick around vs pursue a HC spot) and Goff really clicked last year. Seems risky. They do need their guy of the future, post-Goff though. Because they did so much in free agency, I wouldn't be floored if they took a QB at 6 for development.

Did you like what the Bears did at LB? I was a little surprised they just didn't keep Roquan.

I get that, but the dude hasn't played a full year since I think 2020. And the OC (who decided to stick around vs pursue a HC spot) and Goff really clicked last year. Seems risky. They do need their guy of the future, post-Goff though. Because they did so much in free agency, I wouldn't be floored if they took a QB at 6 for development.

Did you like what the Bears did at LB? I was a little surprised they just didn't keep Roquan.
I am fine with it. I think Roquan was is a bit better overall than Edmunds but with the money they saved they were also able to bring in TJ edwards who is much better than any of The Bears other rostered LBs. Plus, despite his talent Ro was a bit of head case and seemed like he wasn’t necessarily the easiest player to work with.

I am fine with it. I think Roquan was is a bit better overall than Edmunds but with the money they saved they were also able to bring in TJ edwards who is much better than any of The Bears other rostered LBs. Plus, despite his talent Ro was a bit of head case and seemed like he wasn’t necessarily the easiest player to work with.
Makes sense, Da Bears definitely got better on both sides of the ball this offseason, with a draft still to go. Plus the chest is full for next year too. Good spot. Just let us win for a couple years? We really really need it around here.

Makes sense, Da Bears definitely got better on both sides of the ball this offseason, with a draft still to go. Plus the chest is full for next year too. Good spot. Just let us win for a couple years? We really really need it around here.
I think if everything goes as planned we should be kinda like the Lions we’re last season competitive all year long with a shot at the wild card come the end of the season. I saw that The Bears still have something like $45 million they need to spend to even hit the salary floor for the upcoming season so I would imagine there is still a few moves to come as teams make cuts to fit under the cap. Then in 2024, if the Panthers suck hard while their new QB figures things out the bears end up with a top 5 pick next season (hopefully to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.). Then we are off to the Super Bowl.

I think if everything goes as planned we should be kinda like the Lions we’re last season competitive all year long with a shot at the wild card come the end of the season. I saw that The Bears still have something like $45 million they need to spend to even hit the salary floor for the upcoming season so I would imagine there is still a few moves to come as teams make cuts to fit under the cap. Then in 2024, if the Panthers suck hard while their new QB figures things out the bears end up with a top 5 pick next season (hopefully to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.). Then we are off to the Super Bowl.
I can only root for you guys after we get there. Maybe. :cool:

Lions doing their best to fight off the competent franchise allegations

Edit: running back and off ball linebacker in the top 18 dear lord
Yeah the NFC North made some weird decisions in the first round.

I am happy you guys got Carter. It sounds like he needs a mature locker room for guidance/motivation and the Bears don’t have that right now having those other Georgia teammates on the roster will help keep him in line and motivated.

I really like The Bears pick with Wright but it was maybe a bit too early for a RT. He might be the best RT in the draft but lots of mediocre LT end up as solid RT.

Yeah the NFC North made some weird decisions in the first round.

I am happy you guys got Carter. It sounds like he needs a mature locker room for guidance/motivation and the Bears don’t have that right now having those other Georgia teammates on the roster will help keep him in line and motivated.

I really like The Bears pick with Wright but it was maybe a bit too early for a RT. He might be the best RT in the draft but lots of mediocre LT end up as solid RT.
All the picks bookended by the lions from 12-18 were just seemingly out of nowhere.

If Carter wasn't there at 10 (or 10 plus a future 4th in this case) I would have liked a trade down for Nolan Smith so I'm very happy with the pick at 30.

Tackle play is obviously crucial but I don't think the difference between LT and RT is as important as it used to be anymore, especially with a RPO heavy scheme. But I'm aware we've probably watched literally the 2 extremes of offensive line quality during our lifetimes.

Lions doing their best to fight off the competent franchise allegations

Edit: running back and off ball linebacker in the top 18 dear lord
Lions fans are calling for Holmes' job. Two weeks ago they loved him. I get it, we've been down forever and it seems like a head scratcher...but I won't judge until I see the team they put on the field, and the results, in September. If it doesn't work, oh man, we are in for a long autumn.

Back