Guilty Pleasures

I played this track all the way through @Phaneronic and it’s weirder than I remembered it, in fact all I remembered was the ‘I’m gonna got you good refrain’. That weird slowed down reference to Man I Feel Like A Woman, that strange little keyboard bit that bridges it, that it sounds like a bit of a cut and shunt of 3 different songs in the first minute but by the end the pop logic has righted itself, the weirdly dark music video for what is essential a bright pop song (there’s nothing predatory about Shania, and her sexiness is not that of an S&M dominatrix but your friend’s friendly hot mum). I enjoyed it.
Well, with that album there were three versions - the broad appeal 'pop' red version, the to-her-roots 'country' green version, and the international 'bollywood' blue version that we don't talk about. If you listen carefully, any version contains elements of the other two, the one I posted was the red. The darkness did catch me as well, but in all honesty I don't know that I'd seen that music video before. This is the one I remember, it's weirder by a long shot {why'd they pair it with the green version???}. Seriously, rewatching this made me feel weird nostalgia things. I'd be pitying it if I wasn't sentimental towards it things:

Well, with that album there were three versions - the broad appeal 'pop' red version, the to-her-roots 'country' green version, and the international 'bollywood' blue version that we don't talk about.

No, let's talk about the blue Bollywood version

Back