Great Pressings Shared

ByersVinyl

Had an idea - lets see if it works.

Im going to buy Vinyl this year regardless of my initial plans to cut Down. Sooooooo I thought we could share Some of our fave great pressings - not necessarily expensive finds. Albums that just really lifted when you put them on the platter.

For instance this Half Speed remaster of INXS - Kick from 2017 sounds great but priced ok....
image.jpg
Might just give us a few new purchase ideas, and some great sounding Vinyl too.

Similar idea to this thread, which also has a bunch of examples of more moderately priced, great pressings:

Personally I have the 2011 reissues of the Grateful Dead's American Beauty (American pressing) and Workingman's Dead (European pressing) and they're two of the best sounding records in my collection. Each is available for a hair above $30 CAD.

The Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead

The Grateful Dead - American Beauty

Great idea! It's always great to find good pressings that don't break the bank, and it's really helpful to see what others have found.

Here are some I've come across (used and newer stuff), I wouldn't consider any to be like the epitome of sound quality but they were a great bang for the buck:

(Hip Hop and R&B promos tend to sound like shit since they are pressed on thin cheap vinyl, but I was surprised how great this played)

Back