Golf?

Ayyyyo! Love this thread!

I am actually golfing in our annual work tournament on Saturday. Will be sure to post pics and whatnot

BTW.....when i'm not playing golf, or watching golf, I am playing GOLF CLASH !!!!

itss the best app
Thanks for joining us!

I play WGT golf on my tablet. It's pretty awesome. I think it would be too difficult on a phone but I haven't bothered.

Thanks for joining us!

I play WGT golf on my tablet. It's pretty awesome. I think it would be too difficult on a phone but I haven't bothered.

Definitely too hard on the phone! I tried loll That's when i found Golfclash! 4 years later i still love it!! Bi Weekly tourneys keep it interesting

Holy crap, you have two! Nice man. Love that pic too.

Golf trips for me and my friends end up being one round in the middle of a Saturday. Nobody ever wants to play 36 because drinking, or on Sunday because drinking. I've always wanted to do a trip where there are up to five scheduled rounds from Friday to Sunday, I've never done that.
Yeah, played for 25 years or so then fell into two within a couple years. Oh, I was able to get a 300 bowling too! I'm good in the fun sports accomplishments area!

Those trips are so great. Maybe there needs to be a Needles and Grooves golf trip!

Ayyyyy golf talk!

We're probably still a few weeks away from teeing it up here, since......you know, Canada......but I am massively looking forward to getting going with my Monday league again.

Last year was the year I decided to upgrade almost every club I had. I was using a 12 year old Titleist driver, three wood, and hybrid, a 16 year old set of Adams Tour irons, and a ten year old Odyssey putter. (I've only kept up with switching my wedges out) I went and got custom fitted for a Ping G410 driver last season, and I absolutely love it. Got the matching three wood towards the end of the year along with a Taylor Made GAPR hybrid. Then I went and got fitted for new irons, and I walked away with a set of Mizuno JPX 921 SELs (which are a combo set of the Tour and Forged versions in left-hand). Top it off with a new Scotty Cameron putter, and I CANNOT WAIT TO START PLAYING!

Good on you guys with your hole-in-ones! I've had so many close calls, but I've been playing since I was 9 years old and have never had one. Funny, I've probably had eleven or twelve hole-out eagles from the fairway on par fours, but never the ace.

I wanna show some course pictures......lemme go digging through my phone!

I have a plaque from the golf course where I got my hole in one hanging here in my work office, but I lost the ball I used.

A close friend of mine has two. His second one was 178 yards into some dense fog on a chilly morning. I was in a different group than him that morning, but he said they looked everywhere before checking the hole. That seems to be the case a lot; it was the same thing when my league partner got his. We checked all around the green, and I'll always remember what he said when he walked by the pin before he was about to drop: "Why is there a ball already in the hole?" Like, the realization of the awesomeness took a second...

Haha that's awesome. My father in law has a very similar story. Playing in college with some buddies and the fog prevented them from seeing the hole. He's looking for his ball when all of his friends went nuts that he got a hole in one. To this day he doesn't know if it's legit or if they were just pulling his leg.

Alright, here's a few pictures from a golf trip my brother and I took in October last year.

We got to play one of the nicest courses in western Canada, the Mount Kidd eighteen at the Kananaskis Country Golf Course (which is about an hour away from where I live). Not only was the course in wonderful fall shape and one of the best designs I've ever played, it has 360 degrees of spectacular mountain views.

IMG_2349.jpg
IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2341.jpg
IMG_2362.jpg

We then drove into Cranbrook in British Columbia to stay and play a couple rounds with my parents. They live on a course called Wildstone, which was designed by Gary Player.

This is the par 3 that goes by their place. That red-brown place on the left is their duplex.

IMG_2368.jpg

If you want to play some pretty golf, come to western Canada. (But like, once the borders are open again...)

Last edited:
Ayyyyy golf talk!

We're probably still a few weeks away from teeing it up here, since......you know, Canada......but I am massively looking forward to getting going with my Monday league again.

Last year was the year I decided to upgrade almost every club I had. I was using a 12 year old Titleist driver, three wood, and hybrid, a 16 year old set of Adams Tour irons, and a ten year old Odyssey putter. (I've only kept up with switching my wedges out) I went and got custom fitted for a Ping G410 driver last season, and I absolutely love it. Got the matching three wood towards the end of the year along with a Taylor Made GAPR hybrid. Then I went and got fitted for new irons, and I walked away with a set of Mizuno JPX 921 SELs (which are a combo set of the Tour and Forged versions in left-hand). Top it off with a new Scotty Cameron putter, and I CANNOT WAIT TO START PLAYING!

Good on you guys with your hole-in-ones! I've had so many close calls, but I've been playing since I was 9 years old and have never had one. Funny, I've probably had eleven or twelve hole-out eagles from the fairway on par fours, but never the ace.

I wanna show some course pictures......lemme go digging through my phone!
Have never even been close... don't think I've ever landed on the green 💀
Alright, here's a few pictures from a golf trip my brother and I took in October last year.

We got to play one of the nicest courses in western Canada, the Mount Kidd eighteen at the Kananaskis Country Golf Course (which is about an hour away from where I live). Not only was the course in wonderful fall shape and one of the best designs I've ever played, it has 360 degrees of spectacular mountain views.

View attachment 92995
View attachment 92996
View attachment 92997
View attachment 92998

We then drove into Cranbrook in British Columbia to stay and play a couple rounds with my parents. They live on a course called Wildstone, which was design by Gary Player.

This is the par 3 that goes by their place. That red-brown place on the left is their duplex.

View attachment 92999

If you want to play some pretty golf, come to western Canada. (But like, once the borders are open again...)
That’s beautiful!!

Yeah, been known to play some golf. Younger child has reigned that in a bit, dying to get out as things start to dry out in the PNW.

Lots of great trips, we used to do a Baseball/Golf trip that I'm hoping to get back to sometime. Went to San Fran a couple times, then made a great trip to Philly/Baltimore/DC and played a couple days.

Probably the best trip I've made was we flew down to San Fran on a Wednesday morning. Went to the day A's game, night Giants game. Thursday went to the day Giants game, Tears for Fears concert that night. Woke up Friday morning and played Olympic a few weeks after the US Open, then headed to the airport and flew home. Not sure I could have a better 3 days! (although I've got another cool story for another time).
Man, that sounds like a great trip! I would absolutely love to get down and play Olympic. And, you know, swing by Harding Park...since I'd be in the area and all. :cool:

View attachment 92995
View attachment 92996
View attachment 92997
View attachment 92998

We then drove into Cranbrook in British Columbia to stay and play a couple rounds with my parents. They live on a course called Wildstone, which was designed by Gary Player.

View attachment 92999

Wow, that is gorgeous.

I have played Arcadia Bluffs twice, it's probably Michigan's most scenic course...or among the top few.

(not my images)

AB1.jpgAB2.jpgAB4.jpg

You have some nice gear!

I still have an Odyssey 2-Ball putter from 15 years ago that I bought on the course from a guy that was using a new one he had just gotten. All I've done is gotten that bigger grip on it and I still really like it.

Awesome to see this! I played a few rounds here and there throughout my life and took a handful of lessons but never got into the game.

Decided to pick it up with my wife this past fall and we have been taking weekly lessons together with a pro who has indoor TrackMans. Got fitted for my first set (Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pros). Still waiting on Driver and woods (new Ping lineup), and I will be sticking with my old hand me down PING PAL putter my dad gave me when I was a kid. Got it regripped and they don't make putters that light anymore.

It's been a blast watching my wife learn the game, and to watch my misses go from horrendous to just bad!

Awesome to see this! I played a few rounds here and there throughout my life and took a handful of lessons but never got into the game.

Decided to pick it up with my wife this past fall and we have been taking weekly lessons together with a pro who has indoor TrackMans. Got fitted for my first set (Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pros). Still waiting on Driver and woods (new Ping lineup), and I will be sticking with my old hand me down PING PAL putter my dad gave me when I was a kid. Got it regripped and they don't make putters that light anymore.

It's been a blast watching my wife learn the game, and to watch my misses go from horrendous to just bad!
Thanks for joining in the convo!

I've never been fitted for clubs, it sounds like something I'd enjoy and it might likely improve my game and yet every time I think of getting new clubs I think - that money could be better spent on something for my studio, like congas or mic upgrades. And I understand about putters. Some people use old brass blade putters from decades ago because it just works for them.

Golf is such a difficult and humbling game isn't it? There's usually a natural progression to get better when you start as a novice, but then when you want to get actually "good", that's so much work. I don't set aside time for practice, so at this stage in my golf life I have truly accepted that I'll be around a 20 handicap forever and the pressure is off, I love being out there.

I played Sunday for the first time since November, no practice or driving range, and my first swing of the year was on the first teebox. It went ok actually.

Thanks for joining in the convo!

I've never been fitted for clubs, it sounds like something I'd enjoy and it might likely improve my game and yet every time I think of getting new clubs I think - that money could be better spent on something for my studio, like congas or mic upgrades. And I understand about putters. Some people use old brass blade putters from decades ago because it just works for them.

Golf is such a difficult and humbling game isn't it? There's usually a natural progression to get better when you start as a novice, but then when you want to get actually "good", that's so much work. I don't set aside time for practice, so at this stage in my golf life I have truly accepted that I'll be around a 20 handicap forever and the pressure is off, I love being out there.

I played Sunday for the first time since November, no practice or driving range, and my first swing of the year was on the first teebox. It went ok actually.
Last year was the first time I'd ever gone for a fitting, and I can say it was definitely worth it. Customizable options have come such a long way with golf clubs in the last ten years, particularly in woods and irons.

Yeah, that whole time aspect is a real thing with getting better at a certain point. In my early-mid twenties, I was between a 2 and 4 handicap because I played or practiced just about every day. Now I get nowhere near that much time, and I've backed off to be about a consistent 8 to 10 handicap. I'm coming more to terms with that in the past coupe years, but I would still love to have more time/money to devote. Someday...

Lessons are the best way to go. So many people keep buying more clubs, when the clubs are rarely ever the issue.

Last year was the first time I'd ever gone for a fitting, and I can say it was definitely worth it. Customizable options have come such a long way with golf clubs in the last ten years, particularly in woods and irons.

Yeah, that whole time aspect is a real thing with getting better at a certain point. In my early-mid twenties, I was between a 2 and 4 handicap because I played or practiced just about every day. Now I get nowhere near that much time, and I've backed off to be about a consistent 8 to 10 handicap. I'm coming more to terms with that in the past coupe years, but I would still love to have more time/money to devote. Someday...
I was down to a 4 at one point too. It's so hard going out and playing as a 10 right now, but I just don't spend the time to improve. I'm just trying to enjoy being out there and hitting the occasional great shot.

I was between a 2 and 4 handicap
I was down to a 4 at one point too

wow o_O

I play with a few pretty good players, maybe around 4 to 8 caps. Low single digit caps is amazing golf to me. When someone is that close to scratch, it's fun to watch. And they sure make for fun 'A' players on a scramble team!

Back