Golf?

Heading to the Travelers on Sunday. It’s my wife and my first PGA event. We got tickets for the suites on 17 but plan on following Rory around some of the day. Anyone have any tips for when to arrive, how to navigate the day at a live golf event? I don’t want to waste time walking around and missing actual action. A friend said don’t show up too early as it’s a long day. Any advice is appreciated!
The last time I went to that tourney, it was still known at the Greater Hartford Open. It was in Cromwell, but I think they've switched courses since I was there, so I don't have any tips about good holes to sit at.

Following a player, especially one as popular as Rory, could be challenging to get up close. Personally, I prefer being at the green, rather than watching a player tee off.

That said, if you can find a hole where the next hole's tee is directly behind you, that's a great way to see a fave player both putt and tee off. (We used to do this all the time at Westchester... I think it was the 15th green we'd set up at, and then could turn around and 10 yards away was the 16th tee)

Sunday is the final round so people will want to see the leaders at the 18th - it will be crowded there. I'd look at a map of the course and try to determine a game plan.

Last time we were in Cromwell, it was a Friday and it poured. We ended up on tv getting interviewed by Hartford news.

Have fun!

Played 36 holes today. We had a 8:20/8:30 and 1:20/1:30 booked,it worked out great; lunch in the clubhouse then the second 18. The format was 3 vs 3 scramble with various bets. What a blast...although the final nine it was blazing hot. It was at a new-to-us course in Ann Arbor, beautiful trek.

Played 36 holes today. We had a 8:20/8:30 and 1:20/1:30 booked,it worked out great; lunch in the clubhouse then the second 18. The format was 3 vs 3 scramble with various bets. What a blast...although the final nine it was blazing hot. It was at a new-to-us course in Ann Arbor, beautiful trek.
Sounds like a great day!

Update to my guy I caddied for and qualified for the US Senior Open. He finished T14. Pretty damn great!

My partner and I made the final four in our golf league playoffs. We play this week against first place and if we beat them, we move on to the finals. I'm pretty happy; I've had my best season in quite awhile, so it's nice to have a chance at the trophy.

Enjoy! Super jealous, that sounds fantastic. I need to work on getting a couple golf trips planned this year.
Thanks. This group has been doing four trips a year (one per season) since last year...we're all nearing retirement and have free time and good marriages or are single. This is the only flyout one, pretty stoked.

So, let me get this right? Your win doesn't count if you are an ammature?

Poorly written article for not stating WHY he can't accept the prize. But, because he's registered as an Amateur he cannot accept the Pro prize.

That said, he's now automatically qualified to go Pro and doesn't have to play in any qualifiers to get there, should he choose to do so.

It's unfortunate for him they don't do it the way they do in disc golf, where an amateur can play in the Open division and decide whether to accept the cash or not if they win - BUT, if they accept the cash they are officially Pro from there on out, and cannot regain their Amateur status. I'm sure there are some, or even many reasons for the difference though - given ball golf has had a few hundred years longer as a sport, and millions of dollars more behind it.

Back