GoFundMe - THANK YOU!!

AnthonyI

Morning all, I just wanted to take a minute to once again thank all of you who donated to the cause. It's one thing to say your a community, it's another to put that statement into action. I know all of us who came together in hopes of salvaging what was being taken away from us had no idea the amount of support that was going to come. So on behalf of myself, @Captainfog , @Colonel_Angus , @David A. , @gouis , @mcherry and an extra "BOO YA" for @RenegadeMonster and @AndySlash, we all want to thank you for being part of this amazing community and I'll add, be proud of yourselves as well, what took place in just over 24 hours is a testament to this community.

Lastly, just so everyone is aware, our intention was to close the GoFundMe campaign as soon as the forum was up and running. GFM works like this, you can't deactivate the campaign until all funds have been transferred. Currently the campaign is set to do a daily draw, with the bulk already in the process of being moved. Donations have gone down, which is fine, but we don't want members thinking we're just milking it. So once all funds have been moved the campaign will be closed. We have other thoughts and ideas of how to sustain the forum long term and add free and we'll share all of that with you when the time comes.

Thanks again and Enjoy the community!!

Last edited:
Morning all, I just wanted to take a minute to once again thank all of you who donated to the cause. It's one thing to say your a community, it's another to put that statement into action. I know all of us who came together in hopes of salvaging what was being taken away from us had no idea the amount of support that was going to come. So on behalf of myself, @Captainfog , @Colonel_Angus , @David A. , @gouis , @mcherry and an extra "BOO YA" for @RenegadeMonster, we all want to thank you for being part of this amazing community and I'll add, be proud of yourselves as well, what took place in just over 24 hours is a testament to this community.

Lastly, just so everyone is aware, our intention was to close the GoFundMe campaign as soon as the forum was up and running. GFM works like this, you can't deactivate the campaign until all funds have been transferred. Currently the campaign is set to do a daily draw, with the bulk already in the process of being moved. Donations have gone down, which is fine, but we don't want members thinking we're just milking it. So once all funds have been moved the campaign will be closed. We have other thoughts and ideas of how to sustain the forum long term and add free and we'll share all of that with you when the time comes.

Thanks so much to you all.. there is no chance this smile will be wiped off my face today!

Morning all, I just wanted to take a minute to once again thank all of you who donated to the cause. It's one thing to say your a community, it's another to put that statement into action. I know all of us who came together in hopes of salvaging what was being taken away from us had no idea the amount of support that was going to come. So on behalf of myself, @Captainfog , @Colonel_Angus , @David A. , @gouis , @mcherry and an extra "BOO YA" for @RenegadeMonster, we all want to thank you for being part of this amazing community and I'll add, be proud of yourselves as well, what took place in just over 24 hours is a testament to this community.

To all of you :

I know you raised enough to fund the site for a while, but what are the operating costs and will you keep us apprised so we can help out when the time comes to pay rent?
We have some thoughts and ideas bouncing around, first order of business is to get the site bugs and issues squared away. But, yes, we will keep everyone posted.

So on behalf of myself, @Captainfog , @Colonel_Angus , @David A. , @gouis , @mcherry and an extra "BOO YA" for @RenegadeMonster, we all want to thank you for being part of this amazing community and I'll add, be proud of yourselves as well, what took place in just over 24 hours is a testament to this community.

and me.

when the GFM went live, i thought there was a good chance we'd reach our goal, but i did not anticipate reaching 3x that amount, let alone in a day. we are so incredibly thankful for your support in getting this moving. we felt it crucial to get something new up quickly (and ideally before the other forum went dark), but also be able to do a new forum as 'right' as we could given the limitations placed on us. this site wouldn't be live right now without the outpouring of donations that occurred that allowed us to be comfortable with moving ahead with this setup.

thank you so much.

THANK YOU!!!

and me.

when the GFM went live, i thought there was a good chance we'd reach our goal, but i did not anticipate reaching 3x that amount, let alone in a day. we are so incredibly thankful for your support in getting this moving. we felt it crucial to get something new up quickly (and ideally before the other forum went dark), but also be able to do a new forum as 'right' as we could given the limitations placed on us. this site wouldn't be live right now without the outpouring of donations that occurred that allowed us to be comfortable with moving ahead with this setup.

thank you so much.
Dude!!!! I am so sorry....this terrible omission has been corrected.

Some ideas for funding.

Maybe setup a PayPal for ongoing donations? Or the plug-in mentioned here.

Setup a discogs store that people could donate to to sell for the site?

Maybe sell tshirts/hats with whatever the logo becomes?

Anything except ads, please. Even small ones on mobile are terrible.

Some ideas for funding.

+1 to merch. I want a hat or a scarf or something.

Some ideas for funding.

I would absolute buy shirts and hoodies!

Back