Fresh Grabs

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde (Columbia, 2022 Vinyl Me Please Essentials Pressing)
Yusef Lateef - The Three Faces of Yusef Lateef (Riverside, 2022 Vinyl Me Please Classics Pressing)
Labrinth - Euphoria Original Score (Milan, 2022 Vinyl Me Please Exclusive Pressing)
Labrinth - Euphoria Season 2 Original Score (Columbia, 2022 Vinyl Me Please Exclusive Pressing)

A VMP package arrived with some killer titles. Looking forward to the Dylan and Lateef but I have to admit that im most looking forward to the Euphoria albums. My fiancee convinced me to watch it last year and I actually quite enjoyed it, with the music being a stand-out.

IMG_1330.JPG

Howard Riley Trio - Angle (CBS, 1969 First Japanese Promo Pressing)
Jazz Kissa 2015-2019 by Katsumasa Kusonose (Self Published, 2022)
Lockdown FM: Broadcasting in a Pandemic by Gilles Peterson (Mistral Productions, 2021)

A really interesting find here with the Howard Riley Trio. As far as I have been able to see this release was a UK only pressing, so I was surprised to find this Japanese promo pressing recently (with Japanese liner notes on the rear). Perhaps it was scheduled for wider Japanese release but went no further after the promos were dished out. The Jazz Kissa magazine is the latest from Japan (only took a few days to get here), and I actually think I might have shared the Lockdown FM (from Gilles Peterson) before Christmas but I actually only just looked at it today as it ended up being a Christmas present.

IMG_1331.JPG

And here’s me digging in the half-off crate at the local shop … had the digital download, enjoyed it enough to cop the LP.

99B680AC-6934-4C41-8775-98F0B4B0B585.jpeg318AC81A-51A8-4423-A0E5-ECE724675CB4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back