Fresh Grabs

It's indeed. I was missing this one from the first press and they just did a second. Ayako's are TBM too, was missing these two.

They actually reissued almost all of them but on CD with the Supreme Collection 1500. There are 100 CD, some available for the first time on CD. Now if they could do the same but on vinyl...
Yea--I know they did all the CDs. Never find myself using my CD player though...I know lots of people are hoping they do the same 100 on vinyl eventually haha. Fingers crossed!

I think the LPs they have done so far are excellent. Saw they restocked at HMV but already picked up at least 1 copy of each. Dusty Groove in the US had them so I ordered from HMV and there in case there were cancellations/overselling. DG ended up cancelling one or two.

View attachment 161149
View attachment 161150

@Mr Moore I don't know if you know about these two Yosuke Yamashita Trio reissues.
Yep, got them pre-ordered from Juno. Hoping they don’t cancel because they’ve increased the price significantly since I ordered. Interesting releases, especially Dancing Kojiki. Coincidentally, I have second pressings of 6 of those Craftman reissues on theirs way from HMV Japan also including Blow Up.

Last edited:
Yea--I know they did all the CDs. Never find myself using my CD player though...I know lots of people are hoping they do the same 100 on vinyl eventually haha. Fingers crossed!

I think the LPs they have done so far are excellent. Saw they restocked at HMV but already picked up at least 1 copy of each. Dusty Groove in the US had them so I ordered from HMV and there in case there were cancellations/overselling. DG ended up cancelling one or two.

Fingers crossed! With 100 records to be reissued and current vinyl plant issues, we should have the whole collection by 2043!

Yep, got them pre-ordered from Juno. Hoping they don’t cancel because they’ve increased the price significantly since I ordered. Interesting releases, especially Dancing Kojiki. Coincidentally, I have second pressings of 6 of those Craftman reissues on theirs way from HMV Japan also including Blow Up.

You should check Amazon Japan, it might be cheaper buying from them even with shipping. Give a listen to Fumio Itabashi's reissue too. Much more in a spiritual jazz mood to my ears, great album.

The little bit of a vinyl diet ended with these (and some more coming) but i'm going to just say Santa brought these so they don't count! 🎅

I almost lost over $100 in points at Udiscover so that got me to finally stop waiting and just grab the beautiful Revolver box. I really wish the White album and Abbey Road got the same treatment as Revolver and Let It Be with the book and much nicer and accessible box (I hate the lift-top boxes!).

IMG_20221214_175222.jpg
IMG_20221214_192225.jpg

longstanding local shop is closing this week and selling their entire inventory at 50% off. here’s what i came away with after two trips, i left a couple things behind in case the discounts get even deeper this weekend. there were a few big want list items in the racks that i couldn’t wait for though…View attachment 161241
You scored Walk Hard?!

Hang tight, this will be a long one: November AND December grabs in a single post!

Last month I… lost control. Walmart sale, Target sale, preorders from long ago, a bizarre ECM binge. I’m frankly a little embarrassed, but at least I did purge several dozen records as well. Anyway, here are the things I did:

30C7FD9D-712F-4DEC-A01E-DA2CF61BDB84.jpeg

I initially bought the 11-LP Wilco box but after living with it for a month I decided I’d be happier with the 7-LP (as explained in the Wilco thread). Fiona and Nightwish were pricey reissues, though at least I was able to cover all of VMP’s Extraordinary Machine by selling my crappy Plain pressing. The Lonnie Smith is the BN80 pressing that I bought because my OG copy is a bit too noisy.

Next up was (the start of) my ECM binge. I don’t know why, but here we are:

EB37F55F-BD63-41F7-9693-F1D1E84641E7.jpeg

5CDE864E-9DE8-4AFD-970E-597E4ACC16EA.jpeg

While I was at scavenging my local’s jazz section, I also ended up with these non-ECM beauties:

FE150E5D-DDA8-46F0-8DF2-EA39D69BF232.jpeg

Then the Walmart $15-a-pop sale happened. Unfortunately for my wallet, the vinyl section wasn’t very picked over, so I ended up with a feeeeew records:

D2DB5914-FE49-4133-AB31-FE8E4495CB10.jpeg

Then I went to a buddy’s house and traded for these:

83EE4051-1097-48D0-90E2-70B569A38448.jpeg

Then I went back to my local for more ECM. Sargasso Sea in particular is delightful:

456EBF4B-0AC0-43FD-B385-EA47586B10DD.jpeg

Ah shit then the Target B2G1 sale happened and I dipped in twice:

AAD106B4-8084-4AD0-9197-9B1E517356B4.jpeg

I’m sooook glad I picked up this Moving Pictures reissue. The album itself sounds amazing and the 4-LP live set is a joy to hear. One of the live LP sides features “Vital Signs” and “Natural Science” back to back… I almost fainted.

E2261F44-1E8D-41A4-A662-AD1F623CB4FA.jpeg

And then the Blue Note sale happened:

57C5165F-25A6-4611-9AB0-F8DE2E17DD71.jpeg

[Apparently I hit an attachment limit, so I need to start another post.]

Last edited:
Back