Fresh Grabs

B7D37D8E-78AB-4697-B17C-02DF1340CB89.jpeg

Hit up a good (mainly) second hand store I hadn’t been to before. They had just bought a massive White Stripes collection, so bottom left is a cheap curio - the second half of a set that was given away with the NME on the release of Icky Thump. Cheap at $20 compared to the $750 asking price for a pre-fame 7”.

Also got a cheap B52’s, 2 Mogwai records, and was recommended the record top right - Stiff Richards, who are Aussie garage rock. Pretty good.

My jazz collection is growing by the day.☺️

Johhny "Rabbit" Hodges- Blue Hodge
- Very underrated sax player. (1961 RVG)

Another Previn Contemporary release (1957 LKL)

The new AS Study in Brown release is getting a lot of buzz
- Found this for $23 on Amazon used. The risk was worth it. Its been opened and returned, otherwise immaculate.

20220801_150143.jpg

Received my "Pink and Black Swirl" copy of Turnstile's Glo On. This picture is actually making it look slightly more pink, in reality it looks like black and white. Not a huge deal to me, more happy to just have this to spin than I am disappointed the pink doesn't come through better.

Turnstile.jpg

I just opened up a shipment from Craft and there's a god damn license plate in the box?! How does that even happen??

View attachment 147619
I've never gotten a license plate, but twice I have gotten other people's mail that slid into the mailer when they weren't taped on the sides.

I just opened up a shipment from Craft and there's a god damn license plate in the box?! How does that even happen??

View attachment 147619
I you don’t have plans for the license plates I would be happy to take them off your hands. They aren’t regular IL plates but being as they are IL plates I would be happy to hang them on my wall.

I you don’t have plans for the license plates I would be happy to take them off your hands. They aren’t regular IL plates but being as they are IL plates I would be happy to hang them on my wall.
It's actually wrapped in plastic with someone's address on the other side - I messaged Craft and if they didn't actually shove them in the box I'm going to go to the post office to see if they can send them on to the person probably waiting for them!

It's actually wrapped in plastic with someone's address on the other side - I messaged Craft and if they didn't actually shove them in the box I'm going to go to the post office to see if they can send them on to the person probably waiting for them!
Right on! The trucking company they’re destined for will likely appreciate it.

View attachment 147619

Back in December uDiscover sent me this (Alien crossing sign) instead of Natty Dread. They also refused to replace or refund my order. To top it off they marked my credit card number as fraudulent account when I filed a dispute and canceled my existing pre-orders.
1659404738619.png

Received my "Pink and Black Swirl" copy of Turnstile's Glo On. This picture is actually making it look slightly more pink, in reality it looks like black and white. Not a huge deal to me, more happy to just have this to spin than I am disappointed the pink doesn't come through better.

View attachment 147621

Here's a pic of mine. It's mostly pink.

7ED9D6BE-71AE-4A3C-8FA7-45A16031B84F.jpeg

July 2022 Fresh Grabs
B54EA588-09F1-46CE-A1D7-56CA32C34B68.gif

The Albums
George Benson - Breezin’
Neil Young - Royce Hall 01/30/1971
Neil Young - Dorothy Chandler Pavilion 02/01/1971
Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus
The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East
The Grateful Dead - Europe ‘72
The Grateful Dead - Anthem Of The Sun
Farm - Farm
B.B. King - Completely Well
Grand Funk Railroad - Grand Funk
Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You
Seaweed- Actions and Indications
Sonic Youth - The Eternal
Thurston Moore - Demolished Thoughts
Eli Winter - Eli Winter
Spacemen 3 - Dreamweapon: An Evening Of Contemporary Sitar Music
The Replacements - Sorry Ma, Forgot To Take Out The Trash
Bleeding Hearts - Riches To Rags
Turnstile - Glow On
Momma - Household Name
Bright Eyes - I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning
The Brand New Heavies - Heavy Rhyme Experience: Vol 1
Kikagaku Moyo - Kumoyo Island
John Coltrane - Sun Ship
Cake - Fashion Nugget
Metallica - Master of Puppets

The 7” Singles
David Bowie - “Let’s Dance”
R.E.M. - “The One I Love”
Bruce Springsteen - “My Hometown”

The Cassette Tape
Beck - Mellow Gold

Another solid month of collecting. Right off the bat I added arguably 3 of the greatest live albums of all time in Little Feat, The Allman Bros., and The Grateful Dead. The former two are original presses the latter is the 50th anniversary remaster. I also added two more live Neil Young official bootlegs and some other nice older presses The Steve Earle, Grand Funk, GD’s Anthem Of The Sun. Also I made myself a really solid Yacht Rock playlist the other day and added George Benson’s Breezin’ to it an have been kinda obsessed since so I couldn’t pass up a nice $5 copy. The final Sonic Youth record is worth picking up an original pressing of if you are interested, it can be had for less than $30 and was pressed at RTI. The newer releases/reissues I was most excited for we’re probably Momma’s Debut album (another album of the year contetender), The Reissue of Tacoma’s own Seaweed’s final album, and the reissue of obscure Southern Illinois Boogie Rocker’s, Farm. Also. A shout out to @mcherry for selling me a copy of the recent VMP Bright Eyes reissue at a very friendly price.

Went to Musique Plastique today with no intention on getting vinyl, but still flipped through the shelves. I purchased these enamel pins at the front desk instead for $8 each (quarter to scale):

20220802_181031.jpg

Stereolab [Peng!]
Brian Eno [Another Green World]
Slowdive [Souvlaki]

I'm surprised at the level of quality of these pins. Nicely textured, and without any blemishes. Today didn't have a large selection, but I'd love to get some more.

Went to Musique Plastique today with no intention on getting vinyl, but still flipped through the shelves. I purchased these enamel pins at the front desk instead for $8 each (quarter to scale):

View attachment 147720

Stereolab [Peng!]
Brian Eno [Another Green World]
Slowdive [Souvlaki]

I'm surprised at the level of quality of these pins. Nicely textured, and without any blemishes. Today didn't have a large selection, but I'd love to get some more.
Those pins are awesome! I would love one of those Cliff Stereolab pins. I’ve been collecting pins for awhile and have a solid collection going. I enjoy donning them on my jackets. They are kinda like reusable stickers.

Here’s my collection:
B4B0CAF1-FD60-459A-8C25-48BEC55DBE84.jpeg
I would recommend buying some lockable backs for your nice enamel pins or you will probably lose a few and be bummed out.

I use these…
StockPins Pin-Locks Pin-Keepers Locking Pin Back with Allen Wrench Popular with Bikers and Pin Collectors
Amazon.com: StockPins Pin-Locks Pin-Keepers Locking Pin Back with Allen Wrench Popular with Bikers and Pin Collectors : Arts, Crafts & Sewing

@woob
Those pins are awesome! I would love one of those Cliff Stereolab pins. I’ve been collecting pins for awhile and have a solid collection going. I enjoy donning them on my jackets. They are kinda like reusable stickers.

Here’s my collection:
View attachment 147750
I would recommend buying some lockable backs for your nice enamel pins or you will probably lose a few and be bummed out.

I use these…
StockPins Pin-Locks Pin-Keepers Locking Pin Back with Allen Wrench Popular with Bikers and Pin Collectors
Amazon.com: StockPins Pin-Locks Pin-Keepers Locking Pin Back with Allen Wrench Popular with Bikers and Pin Collectors : Arts, Crafts & Sewing
You even have a @Woob_woob pin in there.

Back