Fresh Grabs

It still boggles my mind how I can get a record from Japan in one day, yet it takes 7+ to move throughout the states.

Uyama Hiroto ~ Son of the Sun

View attachment 73540

Mine just left Hong-Kong a few hours ago and should be here on Monday. Can't wait to have this record in hands. Now if you want to sell your copy of Freeform Jazz for a nice price...

Thank you :) I hope they will repress the album at some time, it seems that there is a demand for that. Meanwhile, I received my shipping notice for Gaijin 2 <3
The fact we are seeing Nujabes and his getting pressed makes me feel confident about a reissue. I also got Gaijin II email, can't wait for this to get here in a month :LOL:

The fact we are seeing Nujabes and his getting pressed makes me feel confident about a reissue. I also got Gaijin II email, can't wait for this to get here in a month :LOL:

Thing is that both Nujabes and Uyama Hiroto were on Hydeout Productions label. Freeform Jazz was not, it was on Roph Recordings. I hope it will give Roph the good idea of reissuing the album though but it won't be part of the same "reissue process". Anyway. I have hopes that it will happen some day!

Thing is that both Nujabes and Uyama Hiroto were on Hydeout Productions label. Freeform Jazz was not, it was on Roph Recordings. I hope it will give Roph the good idea of reissuing the album though but it won't be part of the same "reissue process". Anyway. I have hopes that it will happen some day!
That's a good call out, I thought Roph just purchased the rights from hydeout.... time to mass message them?

Esbjörn Svensson Trio - Plays Monk, Winter In Venice & Good Morning Susie Soho
Dan Penn - Living On Mercy

A real treat. Three never before on vinyl albums from my favourite jazz band (not their absolute best but still excellent), and a new record from my favourite soul songwriter.

20201106_161143.jpg

Last edited:
Squeaky Clean Vinyl Record Cleaning Machine MK III. I'm counting on this being an upgrade from the KAB EV-1 I've had for the past couple of years. The KAB works well enough, but it seems to be breaking down a bit and I'm looking forward to not having to flip the record while it's wet before it can be vacuumed.

SC.jpg

Last edited:
Trip to the local and the mail added these to the collection today:
F0BBCEF6-87A9-4B6D-B6CC-91AE5756BE7C.jpeg
hey @Twentytwo (and other Americana fans looking for something in Bandcamp Friday), the 45 is Kate Rhudy, she’s a friend of my daughter. She was featured on the new Brent Cobb and on that Mandolin Orange live album. It was a little pricy, but it’s also super limited.

spent this week at my parents’ house, and these are the goodies i got from the locals!!!

• Gorillaz - Song Machine (2xLP deluxe hardbook)
  • Touche Amore - Lament (new album from this year signed by the band - courtesy of radio active records :) )
  • Charli XCX - Charli
  • August Burns Red - Found in far away places (i was under the impression this was sold out, so this was a nice find!)
  • August Burns Red - Phantom Anthem
  • August Burns Red - Winter Wilderness (christmas metalcore EP)
A7694431-389C-4F94-8B79-8A66C4901A6E.jpeg

Mail day. Only a couple for today.

First up the toe repress of "songs,ideas we forgot" EP, which has IMO some of the best toe songs.
IMG_20201106_170954.jpg

I'm already spinning it and it's sound great. Better than the "Hear You" or "For Long Tomorrow" pressings, plus it's 45 RPM!

Next up, Mcbaise "Windowsill". IMG_20201106_171218.jpg

Still in search of the first Mcbaise LP but it's gotten quite pricey

Back