Fresh Grabs

Need to shift down classics and/or Endless before it’s even a consideration. Repress with delayed 50th stuff 🤞🏻
I debated picking this up with a repress coming in the not so distant future, but it's been on my radar for such a long time and finally came along at an acceptable price/condition. I have mostly good experiences on Cogs despite some of the horror stories, but this was one of the first times I was truly impressed with a sale from beginning to end. Good communication and I can't even begin to describe how well packaged this was, lol.

14x14x5 box, a layer of packing peanuts, album sandwiched in between 2 boards, double bagged, in a mailer, then another layer of packing peanuts.............I was almost expecting to open a box full of zippers when the box showed up. :)

I debated picking this up with a repress coming in the not so distant future, but it's been on my radar for such a long time and finally came along at an acceptable price/condition. I have mostly good experiences on Cogs despite some of the horror stories, but this was one of the first times I was truly impressed with a sale from beginning to end. Good communication and I can't even begin to describe how well packaged this was, lol.

14x14x5 box, a layer of packing peanuts, album sandwiched in between 2 boards, double bagged, in a mailer, then another layer of packing peanuts.............I was almost expecting to open a box full of zippers when the box showed up. :)

Oh yeah I’m following it on cogs, have been for a while, but it’s too rich for my blood right now, unless I flog something to justify it. I’ll make do with the CD I’ve had since it first came out for now!

To be honest I’ve bought a lot of second hand 70s and 80s pressings from cogs and have no bad experiences at all.

To be honest I’ve bought a lot of second hand 70s and 80s pressings from cogs and have no bad experiences at all.
Agreed. its been mentioned around here before, as long as you ask questions and keep the old saying, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" in mind, you should be fine. Really my only "problems" on Cogs has been over grading a few times, and each time the sellers given a partial refund. Doesn't solve the problem and basically these end up being player copies, but these aren't usually overly expensive LPs to begin with.

First time I've received a single LP from Target in packaging different from a mailer.
The packing team filled the entire box with air pillows and placed the record on top. I could see that upon opening with scissors, the record was hacking away on one side of the tape (almost broke through!). It survived, thankfully:

16038604797133196744969673389009.jpg

I've just received my Zavvi Classic Jazz deal package
@BazookaTooth @Selaws @Murfocakes @Thackeraye

This is what's included. Most are in shrink wrap, one has a bent corner, the others look alright. From what I see some seem to be from the Blue Note series, some Verve, one Impulse, one Columbia, one Mercury Records. I don't see any Dols or waxtimes.
Certainly a good deal given the low price. Thanks again for mentioning this. :)

IMG_20201028_164701.jpg

IMG_20201028_164749.jpg

IMG_20201028_164858.jpg

This is what's included. Most are in shrink wrap, one has a bent corner, the others look alright. From what I see some seem to be from the Blue Note series, some Verve, one Impulse, one Columbia, one Mercury Records. I don't see any Dols or waxtimes.

View attachment 72237

View attachment 72238

View attachment 72239

Oh i cant wait to receive mine!

What a great selection for the price it was. Id be happy if i received those 10 as i only have 2 of them already! Exciting to see what comes to me

View attachment 72237

View attachment 72238

View attachment 72239
They are from the Deagostini set!! Oh ye of little faith @BazookaTooth

View attachment 72237

View attachment 72238

View attachment 72239

daaamn , you got some great stuff !

View attachment 72237

View attachment 72238

View attachment 72239
Mine should be here by Friday. Will be interesting to see what we all get! I take it you don't get the magazines?

Back