Fresh Grabs

Tongues of Light - The Myth Of Separation & Selfhood: This album describes itself on the back cover as "channeled glossolalic material from various multidimensional entities." Artist Sam Mcloughlin mined YouTube for videos of "channelers" uttering words, tones and sound poetry that have no meaning but believe they flow from independent entities of their higher selves or external intelligences. The found audio is layered over slow-shifting, pulsing drones and indigenous rhythm loops. Each side is a 19+-minute continuous track.

I don't know quite how to describe it other than hypnotizing and unsettling -- quite a memorable listening experience.

Now I play a fair share of adventurous stuff in my household and my bride graciously accommodates (tolerates?) it most of the time but when I put this on the turntable, she asked if I had joined a cult and told me to turn it off or she would leave the house. I love her. Limited pressing of 300 on clear vinyl by Pre-Cert Home Entertainment.

BIosphere - Substrata: Repress of Biosphere's classic, best album. Highly recommended and a must-own for any self-respecting ambient fan.

IMG_4169.jpg

Last edited:
Tongues of Light - The Myth Of Separation & Selfhood: This album describes itself on the back cover as "channeled glossolalic material from various multidimensional entities." Artist Sam Mcloughlin mined YouTube for videos of "channelers" uttering words, tones and sound poetry that have no meaning but believe they're flowing from independent entities of their higher selves or external intelligences. The found audio is layered over slow-shifting, pulsing drones and indigenous rhythm loops. Each side is one 19+-minute continuous track.

I don't know quite how to describe it other than hypnotizing -- quite a listening experience. Now I play a fair share of weird stuff in my household and my bride graciously accommodates (tolerates?) it most of the time but when I put this on the turntable and dropped the needle, she asked if I had joined a cult and told me to turn it off. I love her. Limited pressing of 300 on clear vinyl by Pre-Cert Home Entertainment.

BIosphere - Substrate: Repress of Biosphere's classic, best album. Highly recommended and a must-own for any self-respecting ambient fan.

View attachment 34731

I want that Biosphere record SO BAD. It's like being in still space.

Where did you acquire it?

I've been slacking on my presence here and need to catch up with the most recent arrivals.
1583148261519.png

Black Market Brass - you all know what this is
The Strokes debut, in white vinyl
J Dill Donuts most recent reissue by Rough Trade (colour in color); @Poly-Rythmo got the old standard version
Aretha December VMP essential, thanks to @teefer

Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay
Tim Maia - Racional Vol 3
Lucy Dacus - No Burden

One way or another, I bought all these records due to this forum. Red Clay was a recommendation from my Secret Santa @dhodo alongside Straight Life, which was one of the records I got. Tim Maia was a push from @Selaws; interested to hear how good this sounds as not v clear what label this is on etc. Not really sure who's responsible for Lucy Dacus but I started getting into a while ago and this was out of stock then but just came back in.

View attachment 32446
If you get a chance, find a good digital of Red Clay live -- it was a bonus track on the digital version and it is straight fire.

Back