Fresh Grabs

View attachment 3800

This got here surprisingly fast!
Beach House - Bloom, turntable labs exclusie

I didn’t know they used Amazon to distribute, so it was confusing to see an amazon prime box on my doorstep this morning.

I protested the use of that mailer a week ago, calling it Amazon packaging, because records arrived with cover damage. TTL corrected me and said it was a clamshell packaging.

I have had an outrageous haul today! Super excited to be this well set up for the weekend.

IMG_3093.jpg

Vault Package #33 - The White Stripes ‎– Icky Thump X (10th Anniversary Edition)
I recently signed up to the Vault and while I wait for my first official package I picked up this behemoth of a box set. Includes the deluxe 2lp (one is black with red splatter and the other is white with red splatter) Icky Thump album, The Red Demos (comp of unreleased Icky Thump demos), Icky Thump B-Sides (White vinyl), 8"x10" screen print, Icky Thump Photo Book and enamel Horse Double Pin Set.

Kishi Bashi - Omoiyari (White Indie pressing)
Super excited to listen to this, it was officially released today and its no doubt going to be amazing. The cover is fantastic, so simple but works so well.

Mark de Clive-Lowe - Heritage i (Red pressing)
Pre-empted @Skalap's pick for the first Needle & Grooves AOTM. I streamed both albums when they first came out and was impressed, at the time though I only thought to look through bandcamp and international shipping was too much for me. Since then its made its way across the pond and is easily found for a decent price (this cost £10 on discogs).

Juju (later know as 'Oneness of Juju') - Live at 131 Prince Street
This is a Japan only release featuring a set recorded in 1973 at Ornette Coleman's Gallery, 131 Prince Street, NY. For those that are interested, Ornette Coleman set up a loft gallery as a hub to allow the public to sit in on sessions and encourage artists to jam together (interestingly, years later John Coltrane planned to do the same thing in the Village but the idea fell through once he died).

William Onyeabor - Atomic Bomb (OG 1978 pressing)
Continuing on to try and get OG copies of all the William Onyeabor albums. This was his second release and arguably his biggest hit (Check it out in all its greatness here). This is an original 1978 Nigerian copy recorded and pressed at Enugu, Nigeria.

Benny Golson & The Philadelphians (OG 1959 on London Records)
This is actually a pretty difficult record to get hold of (and I got it at a steal - £5). Its such an amazing line-up with Benny Golson on tenor sax, Lee Morgan on trumpet, Ray Bryant on piano, Percy Heath on bass and Philly Joe Jones on drums. To put it into perspective, Lee Morgan joined the (Art Blakey) Jazz Messengers in 1958 and had released 'The Cooker' just 2 years prior to this album, so he really was in his prime.

Herbie Hancock at the Barbican
Not a record but tickets came today for Herbie Hancock at the Barbican as part of the EFG London Jazz Festival, super hyped for that!

Nice to finally have this in hand. I held out on listening to this multiple times for the Listening Club so that I could save it for spinning. 👌
fhSKbiL.jpg

View attachment 3832

Happy bird-day to me. “Confessin’ the Blues,” in deluxe format - a 5x10” book-bound set - compiled by The Rolling Stones.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of this one. I’ve been eying it for a while and waiting until someone who knows more about the genre than me gives it the thumbs up!

Back